chapter forty-one

it was saturday already

wonwoo had not forgotten about mingyu inviting him over to their place, mostly because the boy proceeded to remind him each time they met.

and he was almost okay with showing up; except there was one single problem.

for the first time, pledis had won against cube. that wasn't really shocking, since 2 of the most determined players on field, junhui and mingyu, were on the pledis team.

what genuinely worried wonwoo was the fact that he would have to forgive mingyu. the only reason that mingyu had added for his long term period of ignoring wonwoo, was that junhui had prevented him from doing so.

and he was ready to take his apology into consideration; except there was no way he was going to show up at mingyu and junhui's place, all alone.

"we need to celebrate pledis' first win." wonwoo had nonchalantly replied when minghao asked him for a reason as to why he should tag along with him on his trip to the 'wen junhui mansion'.

and if 4 was a crowd, then what was 7? wonwoo didn't really bother to think of that, as he rang up somi, seokmin and seungkwan and offered them the same reason.

now here they were, just the five of them, standing at the doorstep of the mansion with an awkward look on their face as mingyu and junhui stood in front of them, mingyu eyeing the extra guests with a raised eyebrow.

minghao sighed and proceeded to read the novel in his hand, tapping his feet impatiently as mingyu proceeded to scrutinize the whole squad.

"can we come in now? it's so humid out here." minghao stated without lifting his gaze from the book, still not aware of junhui's presence.

junhui looked over seokmin's shoulder who was towering over minghao's little frame, before smiling. "of course, you can." junhui stated joyously as he leaned forward, taking a hold of minghao's wrist to pull him inside.

minghao stumbled forward, curiously staring at the hand around his wrist before looking up. at the sight of junhui, he hiccups a gasp instinctively as the distinct and age restricted memories from nights before came back to him, hitting him harder than puberty.

"on second thought, i'll stay outside-" he mumbled awkwardly and quite speedily, freeing himself from junhui's already loose grasp before leaving the comforts of the inside to hide behind seokmin.

mingyu finally snapped out of his daze as minghao bumped into him ever so lightly on his way outside. he cleared his throat hesitantly, before focusing his vision on wonwoo. "hi,  wonwoo." he smiled, patting the boy's hair awkwardly.

wonwoo only looked up and stares indifferently, before mumbling a small, unusual and unlikely "yo." as he swatted the taller's hand away, allowing himself in.

mingyu blinked at the rest of the visitors standing outside with an embarrassed look etched on to his face, before smiling at them with a lack of enthusiasm or delight. "you guys can come in, i guess." he said, moving aside for them to enter.