chapter fifteen

(dokyeoms enthusiasm when he talks about his love for pizza in their buzzfeed video is so adorable

(dokyeoms enthusiasm when he talks about his love for pizza in their buzzfeed video is so adorable. watch me spend all my savings on getting him all the pepperoni pizzas i can afford)
"sure, why not?"

it took a solid 5 seconds for minghao to realise what he had just said and regret what he had gotten himself into. it took another 5 seconds for him to completely come to terms with the fact that he was stupid, and he had just made the worst decision anyone could have ever made.

while minghao was preoccupied in reprimanding himself, junhui had only smiled at the boy before moving beside him to allow himself into the boy's house.

"you have a nice place." junhui said, looking around. his tone was loud enough to snap minghao out of his daydream. minghao didn't respond, he only raised his eyebrows questioningly. "you're one to talk, you live in a mansion." minghao thought to himself before kicking his shoes off and disappearing into the kitchen.

junhui made a face and followed minghao. "what are you doing?" he asked minghao, who was standing on his tippy toes as he fiddled with a cupboard. "i'm trying to get a glass, dumbass. i'm thirsty."

junhui nodded, mumbling a small "oh".

seeing minghao struggle was quite entertaining, but he had to stop somewhere so they could proceed with small talk.

and so, junhui stood far too close behind minghao and reached his hand for whatever minghao was reaching for, taking it out of the cupboard and holding it in front of him.

minghao turned around, and now, for the second time that day, there was barely any room for space between the pair. minghao's hands grasped onto the counter tightly.

junhui only stared. stared at the boy's eyes, nose, lips...

jun, what are you thinking?

a voice in his head said as junhui pushed himself back and tried to maintain his composure while his mind was set on forgetting what had just happened.

"so, you're all on your own here for now? you don't have any siblings?" he inquired, leaning his back on the counter.

"well- i have a younger sister and a brother who's in college, but my sister is staying at my grandma's for now." minghao responded, taking a sip of his water, still shaken up.

"then how do you pass the time here, all alone?"
junhui asked, tilting his head to the side a little.

"wonwoo comes to stay over a lot. seokmin joins sometimes, too." minghao answers, shrugging. "anyway, where do you want to sleep?" minghao asked, looking back at junhui, "you can either take my brother's room or the couch." he continued.

junhui pondered for a while. "i'd rather take your brother's bedroom. but are you going to sleep right now? it's only," he pulls up his wrist to check the time, "9PM."