chapter sixteen

it was a miracle that junhui managed to get up without waking minghao up in the process

it was a miracle that junhui managed to get up without waking minghao up in the process. it was also quite a miracle how junhui managed to get past ji eun who was lurking by the entrance with her girlfriends, but that's besides the point.

mingyu and hansol were on either side of him in the little time that he had to spend with his friends before his girlfriend caught up to him.

"so to make things clear, you're allowing yourself to stay in the house of a guy who had a crush on you?" hansol quipped, "great idea. you're going to lead him on."

mingyu nodded in approval. "i agree. but i doubt minghao is that dumb."

"i'm not going to lead him on; we're just friends!" junhui said, earning a quiet "sure you are," from hansol, which to his luck, went unheard by junhui.

"and besides, i sort of really enjoy his company, you know?" junhui proceeded, "he's quite fun once you get to know him."

"we realized that before you did, jun. you're just to narrow minded to recognise." mingyu said. "well, here comes the devil. that's my cue to leave. seeya, jun!" mingyu waves, locking arms with hansol as the pair waddled away, leaving junhui alone with the sight of his girlfriend.

"junhui!" she pronounced, running up to the boy that she was a little more than half the size of, wrapping her arms around his neck as he smiled and held her by the waist.

"hey, ji eun." he said quite happily to the supposed love of his life.

she placed a little kiss on his lips and smiled, falling back to his side to link arms with him as they walked.

"where were you yesterday?" she asked, knitting her eyebrows as she looked up at him.

shoot.

junhui had just realized that he had thought of nothing to cover up his whereabouts from yesterday. think fast, he thought to himself before an idea finally popped into his head.

"oh, mingyu didn't tell you? i live at the dorms now." he responded sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand.

"oh..." she murmured, disappointed. "who's your roommate?" she inquired while smiling to one of her friends that walked by them.

"minghao." junhui said before he could stop himself. he pursed his lips and shut his eyes as soon as his answer came, mentally scolding at himself.

"the guy who has a crush on you? why?" she said quickly, now standing in front of him with her arms crossed.

"ji eun, you know nothing's going to happen between us. i'm straight, and nothing will ever change that." he reassured, gripping her shoulder.

she smiled at that. "this is the only time i'm going to be grateful of your homophobia. as selfish as it sounds." she laughed, slaughtering all suspicions that were piling up in her mind as she joined by junhui's side again.

"well, thanks for walking me to class. i love you, junnie." she stood on her tiptoes to place a warm kiss on his cheek before she disappeared into the classroom.

junhui on the other hand, could only smile at her before she left. he let out a huge breath that he didn't even know he was holding once she was out of sight.

"holy cow." he whispered to himself, speed walking back to the direction of his classroom.

he was quick to realize that there was now absolutely no way that he was going to stay at minghao's place; nor was there a way that he would come clean to ji eun and just say he was living at minghao's home because he couldn't toletate being with her at his own place.

"i have to do something about minghao before ji eun finds out anything," he mumbled to himself, "that girl works faster than the fbi."

_/\_/\_
"so? what do you think i should do?" junhui asked, swinging his legs back on forth while sitting on the washroom sink slab.

the trio had decided to bunk math class to have a little get-together session, since they were already half good at math either way. "i don't know, man. you brought this on yourself." hansol said, leaning back on the wall.

"jun, i really dislike your girlfriend. i mean, she would reach my expectations, if she weren't so god damn greedy and overprotective." mingyu groaned, rubbing his face in frustration while sitting beside junhui.

"and if she would stop calling you junnie." hansol grimaced.

"overprotective? how?" junhui's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"are you kidding me, jun?! we literally had to fucking bunk a class and meet in the washroom because we can't talk anywhere else without her constantly hanging on to you like a leech!" mingyu yelled and flailed his arms to explain his point, almost breaking the tissue dispenser in the process.

"and it's been going on since your childhood, jun. remember when she broke my finger when she saw those pictures my mom took of the time you and i were building sandcastles together?" hansol said in support of mingyu's statement, hopefully adding on to prove his point.

"oh yeah, haha. that was... fun." junhui said awkwardly. "but that's besides the point. what are we going to do about me and minghao?"

"you mean what are you going to do about minghao and you," hansol quipped as he folded his arms, "the only solution i have is breaking up with ji eun. if it's not that, then count me out."

"you're so difficult, sollie." junhui groaned, his stress meter shooting up.

"i agree with hansol. like, what are you going to do, ask minghao to actually stay with you st the dormitory?" mingyu said, laughing. hansol joined in on the laughter.

that all died down once they realized junhui wasn't laughing.

"wen junhui, i swear to jisoos if you're actually th-"

"well it's not a bad idea!" junhui said, hoping off the slab, "and besides, i'm sure minghao would comply."

"jun. what reason does he have to protect your little secret from ji eun?!" hansol scolded, giving the boy a smack on the head.

"well that's what friends are for, right?! helping you through thick and thin, no matter what?" junhui argued back.

"you haven't even known the boy for even a month! whatever you do, i'm going to screw you up so bad if you drag that poor little guy into the mess that you created." mingyu yelled, joining in with hansol on the scolding.

"exactly! i don't know why you can't just tell the girl the truth. she's going to find out in the end either way, it's like you're making excuses to spend more time with minghao." hansol pressed.

"stop assuming things about me, hansol! and ji eun won't find out about anything." junhui quipped, walking out.

the two boys could only watch as he left, sighing.

"that guy won't stop lying to himself. i know that deep in there, there's something more than friendly that he feels for minghao. he just wont admit it because he's been homophobic all this time."
_/\_/\_