chapter forty-nine

it was 11pm, and kim mingyu was already waiting right outside minghao's residence

despite being aware of the fact that if mingyu was the one who had intentions of dragging xu minghao's ass to the airport then minghao had no chance of escaping, the boy still sat impatiently on his bed with his batman pyjamas after a 5 hour nap.

he peaked out of the baby blue curtain that shielded his window to look down at the car that had been awaiting him for a few minutes now before turning around to face his back to the window, fumbling with his fingers and his teeth tugging at his lower lip in anxiety.

should he go down there?

leaving mingyu down there to wait for an unholy amount of time before deciding to leave certainly sounded like an option that minghao would obviously consider. except the situation included mingyu, so the chances of mingyu coming up to his room and dragging him out were quite high.

minghao's parents weren't home either, so there was no one to rat him out anymore at the moment. he peaked out of the curtain hurriedly once an idea popped into his head, and his heart began to pound intensely at the sight of mingyu getting out of the driver's seat.

"shoot." he mumbled to himself hastily before taking for the stairs, running down at an incredible speed. his hands found their way to the door knob before mingyu could push open the door and he locked it, immediately hearing the sound of someone trying to pry open the door from the other side.

"minghao, open up!" mingyu yells from behind the wooden barrier, knocking lightly. "minghao's not at home!" minghao yells in response, a hand slapping over his mouth once he realised he had just ratted himself out.

"....i see." the knocking stopped all in all, and mingyu's meek voice sounded, almost making minghao believe that he was going to go away, because he got the message.

minghao sighed a sigh of relief, his back leaning against the door. "oh my god." he whispered to himself, a hand on his chest for he was out of breath from running down the stairs since he was the most physically inactive person in existence.

"nice try." a voice sounded from the top of the stairs, sending minghao into a jerk of terror before he looked up at the intruder. "mingyu?! how did you get in here?!" minghao squeaked, backing up against the door in fear of what was going to happen next.

"you left your bedroom window open. by the way, i see you got it fixed. jun told me he broke it once." mingyu snorted. "didn't notice it the first time i was here. which was a few hours earlier." he drifts off topic, making his way down the stairs.

minghao made a face at the taller, furrowing his eyebrows before speaking up,"i'm not coming with you. to the airport, i mean. don't try and make me tag along with you." he informed in one breath, glaring at the taller.

"oh right, that." mingyu comes back to the point,  "who told you that you had a choice?"

minghao raised his eyebrows at the comment, watching mingyu as he made his way closer to him. and right before kim mingyu could catch him and end the ordeal, the boy decided that he wouldn't be going without putting up a fight. "not today!" he squeals, running away from the boy to take cover behind the couches.