chapter forty-five

"i heard he cheated

"i heard he cheated."

"you would expect that he would show at least a little bit of sensibility. you know, since he's so popular and all."

"yeah, you're right. if this thing is true, it would really scar his reputation."

"his social status is going to hit rock bottom."

"i've got to post about this on my school blog. by the way, check my page out at spill-the-tea-sis.com please, i'm desperate."

those were few of the comments that junhui had heard when people thought no one was listening. and strangely, those few words was all it took for junhui to reach an emotional pitstop.

the boy left the school premises with both his ego and privacy punctured and extensively invaded.

this was not happening.

junhui had been opposed to a situation like this taking place for so long. maybe it was the momentary yet everlasting responsibility he would have to carry with justifying the rumours of him cheating. and on top of that, clarifying his sexuality to the rest of the school.

and then there would be question after question and the mental and physical pressure would become something intolerable. plus, maybe he was confused about his feelings all this time. right? yeah, that had to be it.

wrong.

junhui groaned to himself, finally giving in to the fact that he was only trying to prove facts otherwise to console his hurt ego. his feelings for minghao were real. he liked him. heck, he really, genuinely did.

running a hand through the alluring boy's dark and silky mullet, holding his soft, small and dry hands, feeling his smile against his skin... those were the ecstatic feelings that junhui knew he would never be able to brush off mindlessly. never.

and the incomparable feeling of having the shorter in his arms and just... breathing the same air as him, existing in the same timeline, made junhui feel grateful for once.

junhui's emotional slip of the tongue let him run through all the reasons that he should keep minghao. and ultimately, it was only pulling him away from the decision that was best for him.

junhui's grip on the straps of his backpack tightened. his teeth was constantly tugging at his bottom lip as the boy visibly turned further frustrated at the situation that had descended from hell's gates to the top of his head out of the blue.

junhui didn't want to consider leaving minghao again as an option once more. his brain attempted to conjure up more helpful alternatives; maybe he could try and erase the rumours, and minghao and him could continue with whatever they had between them?

but that was unfair on minghao. that would practically be like using the boy, and he would still be cheating. he didn't want to take up unnecessary time for minghao.