chapter thirteen

junhui was on the brink of death

with his girlfriend constantly by his side, preventing him from interacting with any of his friends and smacking him when his gaze accidentally landed on a girl, he had never felt so suffocated in his entire lifetime.

and to make matters worse, minghao was absent for whatever reason, and mr. kim was "forced" to put ji eun and junhui in the same team to complete the booklet, since he thought leaving junhui alone with such a difficult task of doing the booklet on his own will leave him at the lowest grade possible.

and although ji eun was the one doing most of the work, junhui couldn't help but feel bothered. he enjoyed minghao's company much more as a friend, and he really despised the noises of his girlfriend smacking her gum in her mouth.

but ji eun was pretty, and she could be good company if she wanted to, so junhui never considered the possibilities of leaving her.

though, he didn't miss an angry seokmin yelling at wonwoo in the corridor, "minghao is absent? again?" and with a slam to the locker, "that bitch finna die." he watched as seokmin groaned out in pure anger before storming off.

that certainly piqued junhui's interest.

junhui had learned later on that minghao had resorted to a week long holiday but he wasn't offered a proper reason as to why minghao even thought it was a good idea. of course, before he could grasp for details, he was dragged away to god knows where by his oh so lovely girlfriend.

at present, in the cafeteria, junhui wasn't even permitted to sit with his friends.

hansol and mingyu had been sending menacing glares towards ji eun's direction so very often, but the occasional moments that junhui caught the daggers, he was forced to glare back. of course, that's what a good and protective boyfriend does, right?

so it didn't come as a shock to him to see that mingyu and hansol barely bothered to approach him and make small talk, seeing that they didn't even spare him a glance but instead, sat with the same emo boy that had told him about minghao and his silly vacation.

junhui had deduced in due time that the boy's name was wonwoo, because his appearance clicked exactly with the description from mingyu about a guy he liked who also went by the same name.

"what are you looking at?" his girlfriend quipped, cocking an eyebrow.

"nothing," junhui groaned out as he suppressed the urge to roll his eyes.

leave mingyu and hansol, and the only thing junhui didn't bother to suppress was his anger for minghao. he was forced to endure 40 minutes of pure torture in one sitting and it was not because his girlfriend was that annoying.

junhui had spent a great part of his day in silence and boredom because of the restrictive border that his significant other had built between him and his social circle, and he hated to admit, but he couldn't wait for english class to come by because he felt the booklet ordeal would be his only getaway at conversing, and since his partner minghao was already good enough company, atleast a small portion of his day would have been of use.