chapter fourteen

junhui almost knew that he was going to have the time of his life today

he had guilt tripped minghao into taking him to an amusement park. minghao had actually complied, except that wasn't his only punishment; minghao also had to pay for all the expenses. that was where the protests began.

"why can't you pay?! aren't you like, super rich?" minghao cried, folding his arms once they were finally inside. "well, yeah, but this is the only revenge i could conjure up for your unfair treatment towards me." junhui said, shrugging and shoving his hands into his pockets.

on the way, minghao had already screamed at him, telling him that it wasn't particularly his fault that him taking a leave resulted in junhui getting paired up with ji eun. he had claimed that it was just junhui's unlucky fate, but junhui just shooed off his protesting comments and dragged him all the way there.

"i hate you." minghao commented dryly, shoulders dropping in defeat. junhui laughed at that. "you really don't, minghao." he said all too knowingly, patting minghao's back.

minghao, despite feeling an odd sensation in his stomach, slapped junhui's hand away. junhui sneered teasingly at the action, "you're so butthurt."

"no i'm not, shut up." minghao said in response, squinting his eyes in a failed attempt at a menacing glare.

junhui admitted to himself that he actually had no reason to punish minghao like this. though he didn't get to hang out with him in school, having the opportunity to go to an amusement park with a friend seemed like more fun.

besides, he knew by the time he reached home, ji eun would have occupied the guest room beforehand and sent off mingyu to live with someone else. mingyu had always referred to ji eun as a "stalker girlfriend" type, so he knew for a fact that mingyu would have left without a fight.

junhui shook off his thoughts and decided to have a little fun before having to return to the house of doom.

meanwhile, minghao continued to walk by his side with pursed lips. junhui had decided against changing and instead, joined minghao in his school uniform. to make matters worse, the top 2 buttons of his shirt had been left undone, and the smell of his perfume made minghao want to cuddle with him all day.

it was quite an ironic situation; just a few minutes ago, he was ranting to himself about how him and junhui wouldn't pass as friends. yet, here they are, making plans on spot to visit an amusement park out of nowhere.

all this time his life was a rollercoaster that was only going down, and now that junhui was in his life; well, the rollercoaster was still going down, but at a faster pace.

minghao was snapped out of his poetic thinking by junhui who had stopped walking and was pointing at something far off in the distance.

"i want that." he said in a monotonous tone.