16: Hard Fight

16: Hard Fight
Date Written: July 18,2019

[][][][][]

Kian quickly stood up and backed away from the monster. His pupils seemed to have turned into pinholes. His HP was actually down to 60% with that one attack.

[][][][][]

Name: Demon Treant
Element: Dark,Wood
Level:15
HP:100%

Strength:15
Agility:4
Vitality:10
Magic:15
Spirit:5

Abilities:

Bash
Concentrated Essence

Description:

Bud Baby's parent. It loves stomping poeple.

[][][][][]

His eyes narrowed when he read the monster's info. It was actually another hybrid monster.

The Demon Treant once again swung its long and huge arms giving Kian no time to even breath.

"How could the monsters here use both magic and physical attacks!" Kian screamed as he jumped away from the attack.

He drifted on the ground and fired Bullet I. He didn't have the time to cast any enchantment. Nevertheless, he still felt like a professional hitman and did a very good shot.

Bullet I was so fast compared to the Demon Treant that it hit it square on the chest. However, it barely managed to enter by a few inches before it was pulled out.

The monster's HP just drop by five percent, a negligible amount of damage compared to what Kian received.

"I can't fight it this way" he gritted his teeth and turned back to run away.

Of course, he wasn't really going to give up. The monster dealt a huge damage to him and he wasn't willing to let it go just like that.

He ran for a few meters and hid behind a huge tree.

"I need to create that skill" a serious expression on his face as he thought.

A player can only create a skill once every five levels. He was already level five and he still doesn't have a second skill.

These past few days, he was thinking of creating a darkness attribute skill. However, he didn't have the time to create it. Still, he already had a general idea of what to create.

"A crowd control type skill. Darkness attribute is indeed the best type of element for this skill" he smiled and pointed his pistol on a tree.

Within a few seconds, a bullet made of the darkness element formed at the tip of the pistol. It didn't have the metallic surface of Bullet I but a soft implied texture instead.

"Shoot!" he fired the bullet at the tree.

A small, barely noticeable hole formed with the bullet still stuck on the trunk. Suddenly, the bullet melted and disappeared inside like water being flushed in a sink.

Webs of dark lines appeared around a small part of the trunk. When a small fly landed on the dark lines, it was only able to struggle and wasn't able to free itself.

"Done! I'll call you Adhesive Shot!" Kian grinned and ran back to the rampaging Demon Treant.

"Try to take this!" he fired a shot at the Demon Treant.

To the best of his ability, Kian tried to fire a shot at the wound at the shoulder caused by Bullet I earlier before he jumped to the side to dodge another Bash.

The ground slightly quaked from the impact. The large monster however who just sent out an attack and was still retrieving its arm couldn't dodge the Adhesive shot.

The dark bullet entered the wound caused by Bullet I and penetrated the skin underneath.

"Gyaaah!" it screamed as it realized that its arm wouldn't move.

Kian took this opportunity to send out a Bullet One at the paralyzed arm.

The metal bullet travelled through the air a piercing sound and landed on the limping arm and completely severed it from the main body. He did the same trick to the other arm and blasted it off.

"What can you do now?" Kian said a bit smugly and was about to put away his gun when the ambrosia on the Demon Treant's head suddenly glowed.

He got a bad feeling about it and was about to move when a black beam of light appeared from the flower's pistils and shot towards him in a speed that the eye could not catch up to.

The next thing he knew, there was already a hole on his chest releasing bright flashes of particles of light.

Kian stared at his chest with eyes wide and mouth agape. His HP gauge was down to ten percent and was still going down.

"N-no. I can't die..." he had a sudden feeling of fear inside him.

With his remaining energy not taken away by that fear, he opened his inventory and took out several health recovering potions.

Finally, the wound stopped bleeding and his HP stabilized into four percent. However, any accident right now could cause his life.

"You should die!" he screamed at the Demon Treant who was still rampaging around after it fired the Concentrated Essence.

He aimed his pistol and while disregarding the mana consumption and aim, fired barrages of Bullet I until his MP points were spent.

The Demon Treant also went down and exploded into pieces of barks and leaves. The whole place was basically in shambles.

Kian stood at the center of the place in heavy breaths. His face was pale and there was still fear on his face. Just now, he truly felt as if he was about to die and it scared the living daylights out of him.

"Gotta leave" he gritted his teeth despite still feeling a little weak.

He quickly looted the dead monster and ran far away as far as he could. He needed to recover his health back or it would end up as his first death in this game.

[][][][][]

Chapter broken from the previous chapter.