Volume 4: Broken World

Prologue
Date Written: November 2, 2019

[][][][][]

The bright enormous sun hung in the sky and scattered its burning rays to the scorching desert below. Meanwhile, the wind brought with it the heat and sand which turned the surroundings an unpleasant place to live in.

Up in the orange dyed sky hovered a colossal black ring made of metal that stretched to the boundless horizon. It was broken into segments which slowly shot to the ground as if it ignored gravity. They were like shooting stars as they were lit up with flames.

If one looked further, a spinning black void could be seen on the horizon. It distorted the light from its surroundings, terrifying anyone who looked directly into it.

The place was Earth in the Year 3002. Two years had passed after the incident known as the Dimension Separation occurred. Right after the players arrived from the world of Sylis, this was the scene that welcomed them.

Just a few kilometers within the desert stood a city. A ruined city to be exact. It wasn't destroyed by any war or flood. Instead, it was full of scorch marks and rusted buildings. All of it caused by the bright sun above.

The strange thing about this city is that matter behaved in a manner that defied common sense. In fact, it was also the same for the desert outside the city.

Rocks fell upwards and stop at a certain point in the air, and things carried by the wind would return to their previous position as if they were teleported. Some objects even switched back and forth from being new to old and then new again. It was as if time and space were distorted which made it hard for things to work normally.

In the streets of the city laid the broken columns of the commercial buildings which once stood tall.

Suddenly, a figure jumped atop the debris and ran past forward. It was a person in a bulletproof vest and a helmet covered the head.

Thick clothing was wrapped around the person's body which made it hard to identify wether it's a male or female. There was a metal briefcase on the person's hand. It clinked everything whenever it shook.

Just after a few moments after the person with the helmet passed by the place, a group of five strange people appeared. They had bodies at least three meters tall, and bones that covered their bodies like shells.

The most noticeable thing about them though is that they had slightly curved horns on their heads, and a tail bone made from some kind of spine but with a sharp pointed end which made slicing sounds in the air whenever it moved.

They headed straight to where the person in helmet ran. Their movements were quick and organized as they swiftly ran past the debris around them. Soon, they managed to catch up with their target.

The person in the helmet waved waved their right hand. Suddenly, a hundred blue needles whistled in the air as they threatened to hit them five bony people.

The group of strange creatures that looked like demons swung their tails as they ran and deflected the blue needles. However, some of the needles got pass the tails and hit their bodies. They couldn't help but slightly grimace in pain but still, they never stopped their movements.

It became a battle between five people and one person.

A blue shield made from that same blue energy appeared on the helmet person's hand. It successfully blocked an incoming bone tail. However, the person was still sent flying into the air and landed on a nearby building.

The impact caused the helmet to fall which revealed a flowing silver hair as well as the reddish blue eye crystals that shone as it made contact with the sunlight.

Surprisingly, it was someone with a familiar face.

[][][][][]

Just a 150 words short of a normal chapter. So there you go, Volume Four's Prologue. Don't forget to leave a vote or a feedback below!