11: Desert Fight

11: Desert Fight
Date Written: December 17, 2019

[][][][][]

June Kurona was only a normal player back in Dimensional Heroes Online. By a stroke of luck however, he managed to be chosen to transform and become a Half-Excelcis. In the final battle against the Excelcis race, he was able to kill a lot of enemies granting him a huge boost in power.

However, even with the power granted to him by his reddish-blue eye crystals was not enough to fend off the fortisians and fluctusans that had surrounded him and his comrades.

"Just surrender. We won't be killing you anyway... For the time being!" A fortisian said and laugh boisterously the next moment.

June didn't laugh at his lame excuse to look cool. Instead, he roamed his eyes across the battlefield. He gritted his teeth after that.

There were only a few half-excelcises that could still fight. Most of them were heavily injured and some were even in lying in the ground. No one knew if they were still alive.

"Run! Leave us alone and get reinforcements!" a half-Excelcis from one of the cages shouted, his voice was weak despite giving it his all in saying those words.

June felt conflicted. He knew that it was impossible to rescue the others but it's not like they could easily leave too. The enemies' encirclement was too tight and they might even lose more comrades if they tried to break out.

"Tsk! Well have to break out. Prepare your strongest attacks!" June said. He had no choice but to give this order.

They gathered all their power and fired towards a certain area where a few fluctusans stood. The fluctusans also fired their attacks. However, their weak bodies were still not enough to withstand the combined attacks of all the remaining Half-Excelcises.

Without wasting any time, the Half-Excelcises quickly dashed off to that opening. However, it wasn't as easy as they had thought. The other fortisians and fluctusans quickly gathered and pushed back to their original positions.

Just as they were about to breakdown in the face of such a despairing situation, a bellow broke out in the wide desert. The people turned their heads to the sky and spotted a small blinking dot become bigger and bigger till it became a man on top of a hover board. He emitted a wave of psyche energy of power of quality they have never felt before.

The fortisians and fluctusans were not moved by his appearance. They thought that it was just another foolish human who dared to face them. With sneers, they raised their weapons and prepared to attack him.

Suddenly, a near invisible wave of psyche energy passed by the aliens. The next thing they knew, their heads were already in horrifying pain. One by one, they fell to the ground, clutching their heads.

The man arrived and slowly landed on the ground. He didn't say anything but just waved his right hand a few times.

To the crowd's shock, the Fortisians were slowly dying one after another. The horns on their heads were pulled out and landed on the man's other hand.

The fortisians were horrified when they saw this scene and quickly launched their weapons to stop the man from taking anymore of their brethren's lives. To their dismay, nothing that they did had any effect to the man who seemed like a living reaper.

By the time the fortisians were wiped out, the gathered horns on the man's hand had already formed a white bony orb. The fluctusans on the other hand were already running away with their tails between their legs. The previous arrogant looks on their faces were now gone and was now replaced with fear.

Kian who just pocketed away the bony orb quickly charged in pursuit.

Unlike in the game where he could still transform his psyche energy into weapons that could effectively be concentrated to a single point, he discovered that he all he could do now was merely send waves of them.

He could still launch psyche energy weapons but making them tired his mind out. Moreover, it'll took quite a few seconds to launch them which was not really effective in battle. All of these are caused by the huge rise in his psyche energy's quality.

Nevertheless, just these bouts of psyche energy waves were enough to devastate the enemies.

Soon, the fluctusans were now screaming as despair came to haunt them. Their numbers slowly dwindled and they were about to be wiped out when someone took put a small black ball and threw it to Kian.

Despite being unaware of that ball's effects, Kian felt that if the ball did its job, even though nothing major might happen to him, it definitely wouldn't be the same for the people behind him.

Kian's eyes narrowed as he used his psyche energy to carefully wrap around the ball to stop its movements and caught in with his hands. He then faced the sky and threw the ball upwards as far as he could.

A few seconds later, a huge red clouds reminiscent of a flames appeared and blotted the sky causing the place to darken. Just the heat from the clouds was enough to make him feel searing heat despite his thick clothes.

Not wasting any more time, he quickly flew towards the fleeing fluctusans. Before they could throw any more of those balls, he managed to take them all down.

Soon, the desert was back to being silent with only the winds blowing could be heard.

[][][][][]