3: Announcement

3: Announcement
Date Written: September 22,2019

[][][][][]

At the center of the massive Boreas City, a humongous round building hovered off the ground a few dozen meters away. Clouds gathered around it and covered most of its the white material that made up the infrastructure. It was the Guild Hall where every guild can own their guild bars.

Inside the building's last floor was a huge circular table where ten seats were placed. A player sat on each of the seats with different expressions on their faces. They were the guild leaders of the top ten most strongest and influential guilds inside the game.

"I don't know how it happened but a mass Overflow is currently happening inside the Boreas Tower. As we speak, more armies are forming inside and are ready to march outside. We need to form a plan." A muscular man in a black heavy armor said in a deep and grim voice. His eyebrows were furrowed and an aura of authority surrounded him.

The place was silent for a while before a four feet tall man in baggy clothes with a market hat on his head spoke.

"How about we evacuate the civilians and merchants first? They won't be able to do much anyway. Besides-" the little man's speech was forcefully cut off by a blonde in silver robes.

"You just want to evacuate your guild first so you won't have to waste any manpower, Polis! The mass overflow is not only happening here but in other places as well. You have nowhere to run." She said with sneer on her face.

"Y-you!" The small man named Polis slightly backed away from his seat as if he wanted to hide his body. It's not like he was to blame. Despite being the guild leader of the biggest trading guild in the game, his class was a non-combat type after all.

"There's no need to fight, Belle. As for how we deal with it, why not just send our armies as well? There's always a player that joins our guilds everyday. Besides, I doubt that no one would try to help us defend the city considering the fact that most of their living and businesses are located here." A middle aged man in leather armor calmed down the blonde named Belle with a smile.

"Greem's idea is not bad. However, we don't have time on out hands. As soon as possible, we must announce this to the public. Tell the rogue players that the loots from all the monsters they kill in the battlefield will be theirs and we will take not even a single rune stone from them." The black armored man from before declared.

His words were replied with various answers but all of them were at no doubt agreed to his decision. After all he was Vanish, the strongest player and the guild master of the strongest guild in the game.

Tomorrow morning, a huge stage was propped up outside the Guild Hall. Thousands of players were gathered as they listened to the announcement of the guild leaders.

Various reactions were heard amongst the crowd and there were some who disagreed to the plan to defend the city. However, majority of the players chose to stay. After all, those who come to Boreas City either had high dreams to establish themselves or were unafraid of combat and death.

"So it has begun, huh?" A young man muttered. His head was covered by a hoodie which covered half of his face.

It was Kian who was hiding his eye crystals. He also didn't plan to leave since he knew there was no escaping the grand schemes of the Excelcis. His friends also knew of this so they also decided to stay.

"Tomorrow by sunset, our scouts predicted that the first wave of the mass overflow would reach the surface. We are inviting you to defend our city and crush these monsters to death!" Vanish with his signature grim face said and raised his supposedly two-handed sword with only his right hand.

"Crush them to death!" Who knows from whose paid inciter did these words first came out but a wave of shouts followed.

Soon, the players each dispersed to prepare for tomorrow's war. Shops slowly started to close and the colossal city was covered in a tense atmosphere in a way that nothing it had ever experienced before had brought.

Everyone knew that it was bound to be a restless night. In the horizon, dark clouds gathered and the sun hid from them as if it was sacred. They seemed to to herald the coming of the dark times.

[][][][][]

Exams once again. The updates might get slower or faster depending on how fast I can finish all of them. Wish me luck!