17: Rain of Stars

17: Rain of Stars
Date Written: October 29, 2019

[][][][][]

Kian emitted a formless pressure that radiated across the battlefield. Those closest tingin could feel the terror of his new power. This was especially true for Vanish and the Excelcis Emperor who felt as if needles were poking their heads.

"H-how could this be? All our years of efforts!" The Excelcis Emperor said, a tremble was visible on his voice which showed his current unsteady state of mind.

A moment later, his eyes flashed with madness. He charged forward and a nearly transparent claw made out of psyche energy appeared on his right hand, as he swung his arm at full strength.

Kian was quite surprised with the power behind the enemy's attack. However, he did something that the others didn't expect. He made a similar claw on his hand and met the attack.

The result was out if everybody's expectations. There was no world shaking collision nor a follow up attack.

There was only a scream that came from the Excelcis Emperor as he was thrown away into the air. The claw was gone and a visible cut could be seen on his palm. It was unbelievable! He never thought that a psyche energy attack could not only wound him mentally but also physically.

The onlookers were silent for a moment before they erupted.

"How could this be?"

"The Emperor was defeated just like that?"

"He was even physically wounded!"

It had to be known that although psyche energy in the form of blades and swords might harm a person mentally, it absolutely wouldn't damage the physical body. Although it only made a cut, the attack was obviously on a higher level than the other psyche energy attacks they've seen before.

The emperor himself was in disbelief. His mind was tethering between being conscious and unconscious. It took a few minutes, which Kian magnanimously gave, for him to recover.

Kian then sent him to the ground with a kick and stepped on his chest.

"Any last words?" the young man asked, his eyes were cold.

The emperor had an unwilling expression. He couldn't believe that all those years of effort was gone, just like that. Suddenly, a wide grin formed on his lips and his eyes that glared at Kian now contained madness.

"Retribution. It will come your people. Besides, can you still return to your world?" the Excelcis emperor screamed.

He laughed boisterously. No one knows if he was really happy because of Kian's situation or if he was just releasing his resentments.

"I'll take care of that myself." Kian answered, his tone was still cold.

"It's really a shame that I can't see the faces if your people when they return back to Earth. Such a nice surprise is waiting for them." the emperor said, his eyes gazed above the sky as if he could see something up there that the others couldn't see.

Kian stared at him deeply for a few seconds. A bad premonition came to him like waves which made him very uncomfortable.

He clenched his fist and covered it with psyche energy. There's no way the enemy would answer his questions so it's time to end all of this. He punched towards the enemy below him.

The fist landed on the Excelcis emperor's chest. He gave one last scream before he left the world.

There was a quick silence for a while before cheers broke out from the players. Finally, the source calamity that descended upon them, the one that took many lives, was finally gone.