4: Brawl

4: Brawl
Date Written: November 8, 2019

[][][][][]

From the original amount of people the two alien races had which were about a dozen or two, only a few of them were left. Of course, most of the ones who got taken out were small fries. However, even with these numbers, the humans still didn't let down their guards.

Just as the Fortisians and Fluctusans wete fighting for dominance, a beam of concentrated psyche energy appeared and landed on a Fluctusan's back.

The Fluctusan suffered a dangerous attack to his mind that he instantly lost awareness of the battlefield. This made the tail bone of a Fortisian which was already originally headed towards his way land on his chest. The poor Fluctusan died as a result.

More beams of psyche energy attacks appeared and headed straight towards the aliens. However, it was not as effective as before since the aliens which survived until now were veterans in battle. They were already on their guard for more ambushes.

"Come out!" a fluctusan called out, his voice that held a tone filled with rage echoed out.

These aliens had only been on Earth for six months but they already mastered the common language spoke around the globe.

The humans who were hidden inside the building didn't respond to him. They swiftly traversed the other buildings as they fired beams of psyche energy attacks every now and then. Of course, they didn't use be Concentration guns carelessly. Most of their attacks were normal psyche energy attacks.

The enemies were forced to be on the defensive. The Fortisians used their bare hands and tails to resist the attacks while the Fluctusans sent out energy waves that scattered the psyche energy into the air.

A fortisian finally got irritated too much that he jumped into the air and ran sideways into the buildings while his spear was forcefully thrusted into the decaying concrete as he did so.

The buildings after he passed through them all collapsed as a result. The humans were forced to leave them and show themselves to the two groups of aliens.

"Tsk!" Mayne clicked his tongue.

He made footholds in the air using his psyche energy and caught the others who were about to fall. They landed into the ground with a thud. He faced the enemies at the front and shot them a cold look.

"You've been hiding in your nest for a while now Excelcis. So you finally decided to show up!" An especially tall Fortisian said.

The Fortisian grinned, a fierce expression was on his face as he did so. His figure was intimidating that some of the humans unconsciously took a step back.

"I'll cut up your limbs then I'll deliver you to the King." He continued and waved his halberd around the air.

The leader of the Fluctusans stepped out as well. She had a long and wavy hair, and her face was something that could make her an instant celebrity. However, the ground below her feet as she hovered, melted.

Mayne's expression was grave. These two eyes definitely top class warriors. It was obvious that they would be sent here after that detecetd that huge psyche energy fluctuation.

"Skeletons, powder faces, @$()*/!" Mayne shot out a string of curses from his mouth before he shot a beam of psyche energy.

The others joined in as well so the previous balance from before was gone. The humans were especially wild as they fought. Their numbers were smaller so they had no choice but to give it their all.

Alexa engaged in a melee battle with a fortisian. Of course, it was a feint. She held a small blue needle and inserted it to the enemy's shoulder which was not covered by the exoskeleton. The fortisian fell to the ground as a result, his mind can collapsed and he turned into a vegetable.

The others also did their parts.

George didn't have that much psyche energy so he was forced to use a psyche energy spear that was pre-made as he clashed with a fluctusan.

The Fluctusans were especially hard to deal with. The Fortisians were able to resist the radiation they emitted but George who was a human hands hard time fighting then while ignoring the burning effects. He was forced to make an armor to block of the radiation whuch further took a toll on his psyche energy reserves.

The battle in Mayne's side was also not looking good. He was thrown to a nearby building resulting in a few broken bones and ribs. A few burns and cuts could also be seen on his body.

It was an expected result. After all, although his psyche energy might be comparable to a normal Excelcis squad leader, he's facing two individuals that had the same power as him. Moreover, he also lost his stats in the game so his body was far too weak.

Each of the humans were in bad shape. They managed to take down a few enemies but soon, they were forced to retreat and regroup. They brought too little people so it was an expected result.

The Fluctusan group's squad leader waved her hand. A huge net made of searing light appeared and slowly descended upon the humans. She intended to capture them but through a painful process.

Just when the net was about to trap them, a huge psyche energy explosion occurred, startling everyone. The net was destroyed and the two aliens races were pushed back a few meters by an almost invisible psyche energy wave.

When the people present found the source of the explosion, they saw that the black crystal halo which was their objective, was slowly headed towards their way. Strangely, there was now a small ball of light just below the crystal halo which emitted psyche energy waves from time to time.

[][][][][]

Thanks for reading!