8: Repair

8: Repair
Date Written: December 1, 2019

[][][][][]

The group of humans didn't have the luxury to celebrate their victory. Right after they cleaned up the mess they made, the injured where quickly sent to the infirmary to have their wounds taken care of.

As for the others who were safe and sound, they all gathered inside the control room to further discuss their future plans.

"I can't believe we just acquired a fortress!" George couldn't help but sigh.

"It's a huge help for our forces. Who knows, maybe we can even use this slowly force back the enemies." Someone commented.

Behind them were multiple screens and buttons that served multiple purposes. They were now being tinkered with by a few humans who were trying to feel out the uses of this fortresses.

The reason why they could even do this and touch the main computer is because of the result of roughing up a fortisian survivor who was in charge of maintaining the daily operations of the fortress.

Meanwhile, Mayne and Alexa were silent as they examined the bony orb who silently hovered above the floor. It didn't say anything to them after the battle.

"It's time!" The bony orb suddenly spoke.

The others who heard this were quite confused. What did he mean? They all gathered around him to see what he will do.

Just when they were about to approach it, a wave of energy suddenly appeared and forced all of them away for a few meters. Right after that, sounds of cracking sounded out.

They were surprised to see that the bone covering was now chipping off at a rate that they haven't seen before.

"No! What's happening?" Alexa's face was drained of color as she saw what happened.

She wanted to approach the bolt orb but unfortunately, an energy wall was erected before she was about to step into the five meter radius away from bony orb spoke, stopping her from her tracks.

The cracks on the bony orb multiplied until they exploded, pieces of white splinters flew to all directions. The faces of every person inside the room turned pale. Was he really going to die?

Contrary to their expectations, something was ledt behind. The black crystal halo was still there, unmoving. Below it was a glowing white substance that was liquid in form. It wriggled slowly and started to change shape.

To their surprise, the white liquid formed the shape of a familiar person. It's clear that he was in pain as the face that was barely recognizable because of the lack of color was contorted and he was writhing. His mouth was opened and it seems as if he was screaming but no sounds could be heard.

The others waited with bated breaths for almost an hour. The person laid on the floor became unconscious. Meanwhile, color started to appear in his naked body. Soon, Kian who was supposed to be dead was revealed.

His eyes slowly opened, his eyebrows twitching. Kian's breathing was also hurried. It's as if he was just involved in a thousand miles marathon that made him so dead tired he could barely open his eyes.

"Hey..." Kian spoke, his voice a bit weak. A grin formed on his mouth as he met eyes with the others.

The barrier was already gone so the others were able to approach him. Someone carefully laid out a blanket to cover his body as he laid there on the floor.

"Kian!" George and Alexa who were the closest to him quickly hugged and touched him to make sure he was okay.

They were about to talk to him when they realized he was now asleep. It seems that repairing his broken body was so painful that he couldn't stay awake for too long.

"Let him rest on the infirmary and wait for him to wake up." Mayne advised them.

Alexa nodded and had George carry Kian to the infirmary.

News were sent back to the secret base that the enemy had now been subdued. After a few more days, people were sent to the fortress to manage it and unearth the secrets the fortisians had.

As for Kian, it had been days but he still hasn't woken up. This made his loved ones worried that something might have happened to them.

At that same time, a piece of bad news was delivered to the fortress. The secret base was found and a great battle has started between the Half-Excelcises and the alien races.

[][][][][]

As always, I'm thankful for all those who have read and voted for this story.

Have a nice day!