12

"d-dad?"

("oh. you remembered me now son")

jimin's eyebrows furrowed, not knowing what his dad wants.

"what do you want?"

("oh. being cold, i see. is that what being a ceo is?")

"just get straight to the point. what do you want?"

("i need money")

"ha! money? you're calling me because of money?"

("please son. i really need it")

"and why do you think i will give you money? after everything that you did to me, do you still think i'll give you something you need when you didn't even give me what i need?"

("son. i really need money. we need money")

"we? did you even call your friends to ask me some money?"

("no. me and your mom needs money")

"why? you can't pay your bills already? well-"

("your moms sick")

"what do you mean?"

("she has cancer in the blood. stage three")

jimin slowly parted his lips, not knowing what to say.

"tell me none of that is real"

("i wish i could son but that's reality")

"where are you right now?!"

("jeon hospital")

jimin quickly ended the call, putting on his coat before grabbing his keys and quickly rushing down to his car.

the employees was left shocked, even taehyung who is about to go inside jimin's office.

taehyung was about to sit back on his chair when his phone suddenly rang.

"h-hello?"

("come down. asap")

"y-yes mr. park"

taehyung quickly grabbed his things, telling lisa that he'll be leaving his table for a bit. lisa just nodded, smiling and taehyung smiled back before going down.

when he reached jimin's car, which is outside, he quickly got in, sitting awkwardly.

his eyes widened when jimin put on his seatbelt again for him but he got confused when jimin isn't saying anything.

he looked at jimin who has his eyebrows furrowed, jaw slacked as he started to drive.

"w-where are we going s-sir?" taehyung asked, fiddling with his fingers.

"hospital" jimin said, no emotion in his voice.

taehyung just nodded, getting nervous on why are they going to a hospital.

his eyes widened when he saw the name of the hospital.

t-this is w-where k-kook works...

he was snapped out of his thoughts when the door opened to his side. he quickly remove his seatbelt, getting out of the car as he fixed his skirt.

jimin started to walk ahead, the pink haired boy just following behind him.

"where's the room of mrs. park minji?" jimin asked. the nurse then told him a room number, the older saying thank you before going to the elevator.

when they were in the elevator, taehyung can't help but to think what happened a while ago. he quickly blushed, lowering his head to hide his face.

when they reached the designated floor, jimin tried to find the room but he was stopped when he saw the man infront of him.

"baby? what are you doing here?" jimin heard as the man infornt of him quickly ran to the person behind him.

of course, jeon hospital. how stupid of me.

jimin just ignored the two, looking for the room until he found it, gently knocking.

the door opened and jimin's anger fueled when he saw the face of the person who hurt him in the past.

"hey son" his father greeted but jimin just walked past him, going towards his mother who is on the hospital bed.

"mom?" jimin called out. his mother slowly opened her eyes, looking at the man infront of him.

"jimin. son" her mother weakly said, smiling as he grabbed his face with two weak hands.

"can you leave us for a while?" jimin asked to his father.

"how about the money? i need to pay for your mom's medicine" mr. park asked back.

"i already put some in your bank account" jimin replied. mr. park just nodded before leaving the room.

"jimin? is it really you?" his mother asked, now taking a hold of jimin's hand.

jimin then grabbed the chair behind him, sitting on it.

"yes mom. how are you feeling?" jimin also asked, still can't help but to feel a little bit angry at his mom because of what happened in the past.

"i'm fine. i heard that you are a ceo already. that's nice to hear" mrs. park said, smiling a little bit.

jimin just nodded, looking away from his mother's look.

after a few moments of silence, mrs. park broke it, making jimin's eyes widened a little bit.

"i'm sorry for everything that i did son"