Leaving London

Kukdkuuuu.... Kukdkooooo.... Kukdukooo...

Sliding my finger from right to left on my phone, I dismissed the alarm and set up removing my covers from my body. My hairs were sticking at different directions from my bun at the top of my head, getting them out of my eyes I opened the drapes in front of the windows. London has a great weather in March for an Indian, its bright and sunny but not warm at least not for an Indian.

Today is my last day in London. I'm going back to India at night.

God, I cant believe its been 5 Years that I have been to India. I came here for doing my post graduation. And then I worked here for 3 years in an MNC. I have learned a lot in these past years. And now I'm gonna implement it on my own company.

"Adhiraaaa...." on hearing my name I turned around the see my friend Anita with a cup of tea in her hand. Aah, god bless her. And yes before you all judge I'm a tea person. I guess being from Darjeeling has that effect on me.

Saying a quick thanks I took the tea and she said "I can't believe you are going back to India today".

I gave her a sad smile and pulled her in a hug. Then she said "I have been praying to your god that somehow you cancel this but I guess he won't listen to me over your wish"

I laughed at her "I think it's time for me to go back to my family". I always thought that I'm a person who would like to settle in abroad once I have lived here but I guess I was wrong

"But I still don't understand why are you going back to India? I mean your job was going great. We have a great apartment. And you are a great cook. How are we gonna eat now" said Anita

Laughing at her reasons I signed and replied "I don't know Anita, I just feel like I should be there. Like India is calling me. I know it's crazy but I can't help it. You know like my heart is telling me that I should go back home".

She sighed and said "I'm gonna miss you A, like crazy".

"How come no one invited me to this pity party" said a voice. And we turned around to find Avika with both of her hands on her waist in a scolding position. And we laughed. She came toward us and pulled both of us in a hug and said "I'm gonna miss this, the three of us gossiping, clubbing and Of Course our late-night chatting sessions and Maggie". And just like that we bid each other goodbye.

I remembered the first time I met these jokers. It was the first day that I shifted to my dorm room in the university. I was scared thinking about all the weird people I might have to handle. But then again I'm a big weirdo myself so who am I to judge.

The moment I knocked on my room, I wanted to run away. It was a girl with a lot of tattoos on her arms with pink hair and a lot of piercing as well. Honestly I don't even remember her name. Though it was wrong of me to judge a book by its cover but I can't seem to help it at that moment and later I found out that she was a nice girl and we became waving buddies. Anyway back to the room the moment I put my bags down there was a person on my door requesting me to shift with her as she doesn't have a roommate and she cant sleep alone at night plus she was Indian so I jumped at the opportunity and shift with her and that girl was Anita.

The dorm room has space for 3 girls and we were hoping that no one should join us as it would be a lot of space us but we weren't complete then. So later that evening we were joined by Avika-That girl was like a boost to the both of us. She talks like she is talking for the first time. With the same energy and same speed. Though she speaks from her heart, whatever she felt she said, it was that simple.

Anita was the most intelligent among us. She was a scholar all around. And she was the leash that put me and Avika to ground most of the time. She would help us study, made sure that we complete our assignments and projects on time.