Business Partners

The next morning I woke up around 6 in the morning. A fairly acceptable time for me to get up. I decided to go for a walk in the neighborhood. Well it's not much of a neighborhood actually. It's just forest and road so I decided to go towards forest but walk in parallel with the road so I wouldn't get lost.

I love the mountains. The large mountains covered with trees and grass and the heavy rain that follows is amazing. I would always choose mountain to live in rather than beach. The peace that being in nature provides is amazing.

I kept jogging aimlessly around the forest without any sense of direction for half an hour and then looked around myself to be surrounded by lots of trees. Well what else was I expecting in a forest.

I realised I was too deep into the forest and there was a very strong ray of sunshine coming from the other end. So curious I walked towards it. After a while I saw the most breathtaking view I ever saw. I was in the edge of the mountain from where I can see a large amount of tea plantation and also the river Teesta which flows through Darjeeling and some roads which are cut through the mountains. It was beautiful. It's a good thing that this spot is hidden in forest otherwise it would be crowded with tourists. I marked this spot in my GPS so that I can come here tomorrow and make my way toward my home.

It was past 8 by the time I reached home and only my father was sitting at the dining table reading the news paper. He smiled looking at me and said "How was your stroll this morning".

"Hey it was not a stroll okay. But anyways it was great. Thank you"

A maid came asking me whether I would like tea or coffee or milk. So I settled with tea. I know you all must be thinking about the maid situation in my house, but it's a common thing in India as there is still a large number of people who are not literate. So they prefer these types of work.

"I forgot to ask you yesterday, how was your lunch with Mr. Rahoul" papa asked me.

"It was nice. I was actually surprised that you said yes to him" I said to my dad, and he raised an eyebrow.

"Well I remember you intimidating every single guy whom you have ever met. Even if they were helping me or were asking for my help or as silly as asking for my notes". And he laughed.

"Well I was afraid that they were gonna take advantage of you. But now I know you can take care of yourself. As you have survived 5 years alone in London". And I smiled.

"Well I have had help" I told him honestly. "I know but I realise that you know what's good and bad for you" "That I do" I said seriously nodding. And he laughed.

Soon everyone came down for breakfast and so did Yuvan. He was coming from the gym judging his outfit. "Would you like to start working from today" He asked me.

And I shrugged "I don't mind".

"There is a new project that I'm gonna start working on. We can do it together. And this way you can become familiar with people and the management as well" He told me.

"Sounds good to me" I told him and looked towards my dad.

"Yeah it's a good idea," he said.

"All right then let's meet in the hotel by 10, and I'll explain everything to you there"

I nodded and said "Sure".

After breakfast I made my way towards my room, when my phone chimed, indicating I received a new message. It was from an unknown number.

Unknown : "Good Morning"

Adhira : "Whose this?"

Unknown : "I can't believe you don't remember me. How can you forget your lunch partner so soon"