Forgotten People

I was very confused.

I didn't knew that the Mehra's have a wedding in their house. I was here every Sunday or Saturday just like I had promised Malini aunty. But never had she or even Pakhi or Rahoul has said that it's a wedding that they are busy with. Hell, I talked to Rahoul this morning, then also he didn't say anything.

We made our way towards the entry. The whole garden and backyard has been decorated with flowers and lights. It was looking even more beautiful than the last time. Rahoul and some people that I have seen the other day, were standing at the entrance to greet everyone.

Once we were near the entrance, Rahoul looked in my direction, as if sensing I was near. He smiled his breathtaking smile directly at me and I averted my eyes, reminding him my family is here. He then greeted my parents and the others and hugged Yuvan. Rahoul welcomed everyone and gestured them to go inside. When I came in front of him he quickly ducked his head and kissed my cheek before anyone could see him. Thankful for all of my family members had their back towards me. If they would turn even now, they'll question why I had pink cheeks and wide eyes.

Rahoul winked at me and laughed at my expression then added "You look beautiful" and I smiled.

He also came inside with us. Malini aunty was standing there with some other women. When she saw my family, she looked confused and then her eyes landed on me and her smile widened.

"Adhira..." she exclaimed opening her arms for me. I smiled and made my way towards her.

"Hi Aunty... You are looking lovely" I told her and she was. She wore a white saree with maroon top and shimmery wide border all around the saree.

"Oh nonsense, Look at you... I don't think I would be able to take my eyes off of you today" and I laughed.

"Mom, dad this is Malini aunty, Rahoul's mom... and Aunty this is My mom, dad" they greeted each other and I moved on to introduce my both aunts and uncles.

"Mrs Asthana, you have a very lovely daughter," said Malini aunty.

"It's all god's grace Mrs Mehra" replied to my mom.

And just like that they started their own chat. Dad's move on to some people they knew. Armaan came and get Yuvan to introduce to some other guys.

"I really can't take my eyes off of you" I heard a very familiar voice behind me and I smiled.

"You are not looking too bad yourself" I said to him. And he indeed was looking handsome. He wore Indian today which was a first for me. What really gushed me was, he was also in Navy blue today just like me. It looked like we have matched it but in reality it was just a coincidence.

"How come you didn't tell me about the wedding" I asked him.

"When you told me that you had to attend a wedding, I thought you knew it was in our house"

"No I didn't, If I knew I would have said so" I told him. And he said was "Oh" and I sighed. Sometimes I feel like he is not used to human interaction at all.

"You guys kept on saying function instead of Wedding" I explained.

"Oh... Well they are already married a couple of days ago, it's just a reception" he said. And I nodded.

"Whose wedding is it anyway, I mean is it one of your relative" I asked.

"Yes, its Gyan's. He also works with me. He is one of the lawyers that's why you haven't met him yet"

"And whose the bride" I asked.

"Her name is Geet. Geet Kaur, she is a localite"

"Oh. My mom was saying that I knew the bride, but I'm not sure. I don't remember" I told him.