A Broken Bone

Rahoul and I got out of the car and I realized that we were in the hospital where Sparsh works. Crap.

Rahoul stood beside me while facing me with one of his arms around my waist.

"Shall we?" he asked and I nodded. He suddenly bent with his other arm supporting my legs and I was in the air.

With a yelp my hands came around his shoulder for support and my eyes widened.

"What are you doing?" I asked in shock

"I'm taking you to the hospital" he said shrugging as if I'm some dumb kid and I gasped

"Rahoul whatever your middle name is Mehra... put me down this instant" I said in a strict tone.

But he just looked at me confused.

"I said put me down, I can walk very well" I said again with my eyes narrowing

He grumbled something under his breath but reluctantly put me down.

I huffed and start walking towards the hospital only to be stopped by the pain that shot through my lower half.

Rahoul was again beside me within a second and he glared at me "Why don't you listen to me women" he scolded.

And I grabbed his hand for support, while shifting some of my wait on him. Oh poor him.

He again bent down to pick me up but I stopped him.

"No No please, I can walk" I said but he growled.

"We can go on like this but please don't pick me up. Sparsh works here, I don't think his shift had ended" I pleaded with my puppy eyes look and he sighed but nodded anyway.

We made our way in, and a doctor quickly ran towards us.

"Alpha" he addressed Rahoul and he just nodded once acknowledging him.

The doctor directed us towards his cabin. Once inside he made me sit in the patient chair and Rahoul sat beside me.

"May I know what happened, Luna" the doctor asked me

"She fell from the stairs" replied Rahoul gruffly

The doctor looked at him once and turned his attention to me, expecting an answer. I sighed.

"I fall down a couple of stairs" i said

"A couple of stairs meaning" the doctor asked me to elaborate.

I tried to explain to him the best way I could and without fueling Rahoul's anger. The doctor then made me lie down in the patient table in his cabin for examination. The moment he touched my waist, a loud growl interrupted us and Rahoul was beside me. His breathing was hard, hands in a fist and eyes changing color.

I looked at his eyes again, just to make sure that I wasn't imagining it. And I wasn't, his eyes were shifting from warm brown to icy blue. It happens for a couple of minutes and then he closed his eyes. I then realized that this is what he was hiding from me at the reception as well.

"Alpha, I think it would be better if you step outside" the doctor said.

"NO" yelled Rahoul while opening his eyes which has turned to icy blue and the doctor flinched.

I grabbed Rahoul's hand softly hoping that it would calm him down and it did. His eyes turned to warm brown that I'm familiar with and he looked down at me.

"Hey, it's okay" I said caressing the back of his palms

He took a deep breath and I tugged his hands to make his stand in front of me and gestured him to kneel in front of me so that we are face to face.