The Proposal

We heard the sound of thunder and looked outside to see that it had started raining. Laughing, we made our way out and I saw everyone running inside. Guys started bringing the mattress and cushions inside. Rahoul also went to help them. While all the girls started clearing the food and drinks.

But I was not interested in any of that. I felt like the rain was calling me. Now, I know I love rain but it was something else. I thought a few drops on my face couldn't hurt so I went out and closed my eyes, relishing the feel of rain drops on my face.

When I closed my eyes, I saw something that I have forgotten. I saw the scene where I was sitting with my mom on the dining table. It was the day they were leaving for Dubai, and I remembered how she told me that she approves of my relationship with Rahoul. She even said that she'll convince my father to agree for the marriage.

As I remembered that moment, I realised that I don't mind marrying Rahoul. I realised that maybe I was hesitating because I wanted my parent's approval and now that I remembered I already had it, there was no issue.

A gasp left my mouth when I realised that. "Are you okay, Sena?" asked Rahoul from behind me and I turned around to face him.

"You are soaked! What are you doing?" he asked worried and grabbed my hand to pull me inside "Let's go inside Adhira, you'll get sick" he continued but I stopped him, well I tugged and he stopped, which made him frown even more and he looked at me puzzled.

"I remembered something..." I told him happily and his frown reduced a bit seeing my happiness. "What is it, Love?" he asked and I smiled while looking up in the sky thinking 'thanks maa-papa'.

I looked back at Rahoul and took both of his hands in mine while taking a step back and kneeling in front of him. His eyes widened "What are you doing?" he asked surprised by my gesture.

"I'm a fool." I said looking up at him and he shook his head in denial. "I'm a fool who thought that you only wanted to marry me because the court has ordered it and not because you love me. You know, now I realise, our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it. Anyways, better late than never. So now, I'm asking you Mr Rahoul Adhi Mehra, will you take me as your wife?"

His eyes were glistening, I don't know if it was from rain water or was he feeling emotional? He kneeled in front of me and took my face in his hands, bringing me in for a kiss. This kiss was different from our other kisses. It felt like our life depended on this kiss. He slipped his tongue inside my mouth, gentle but demanding. I suddenly understood why people described kissing as melting because every inch of my body dissolved into him.

"You, women, will be the death of me" he rasped out and put my hands over his chest where his heart was hammering. "You see what you do to me" he said and I blushed.

We were both sitting on our knees in the soaking rain. He left one of my hands to fish something out of his pocket. He pulled out a small box and I gasped. It looked like a ring holder. He opened a box to reveal a platinum ring with diamond studded to it. It was in the shape of a Crown, but when I looked closely, I realised there were two rings. One was a simple band with small diamonds and another was a crown shape ring.

 One was a simple band with small diamonds and another was a crown shape ring