Catching up with Yuvan

I slept through most of the flight and once the sadness for leaving my friends dulled a bit, I started feeling excited about being at home tomorrow, with my family.

I live in a joint family. My father has two brothers and all the three family live under the same roof. It helps us as the three of them handle the same business. We have a well known chain of hotels in India named as 'Home-wood Suites'. Its spread all over the hill stations in India as of now. But they are planning to expand it to other tourist places as well.

So my family contains my parents with two uncles and aunts and their 5 kids. I'm the eldest child in the family. Uncle Girish and aunt Dipali has two kids Yuvan and Ayan. Yuvan is the same age as me, just a couple of months younger. Then uncle Sanjay and aunt Gauri had three kids, elder is Sparsh, he's a doctor now. Practicing in Dehradun at Apollo hospital. And then there are the youngest member of our family, the twins: Innaya and Ivan. They are two years old currently. They were a surprise for all of us when it happened but they are adored by every single one of us. I'm gonna meet them for the first time tomorrow, though they have seen me on video chats but meeting will be different.

So all in all my family has 12 members.

We all live in a sweet mansion in Darjeeling. Its situated in the city limits. So it's not too noisy nor too quiet. I missed my home a lot these past few years. It has a different type of peace that I craved a lot.

After landing in Delhi the first thing I sensed was people. A lot of People. I don't think I had seen these many people in the last five years.

After immigration, i went to for further Transfer. I was gonna receive my bags directly in Bagdogra. I went through security check then to lounge area. I tasted the real Indian food after 5 years and it was heaven. I guess my taste bud died in London. But the first bite from my dish had me moaning. Embarrassed i looked around to see people watching me. I hide behind my hairs and ate the rest quietly.

Somewhere while eating i felt eyes on me. I turned here and there to find the source but saw no one. So I shrugged and continued eating.

Soon it was time to board the flight for Bagdogara and i started feeling excited all over again.

After landing in Bagdogra the first thing I did was took a deep breath. Like a lung filling breath. And it smelt like home.

My cousin brother Yuvan was coming to pick me from here and take me home. Even though I told him not to i know he's gonna come. I guess coming back after 5 years has its perks.

Collecting my luggage, I strolled the trolley towards the exit and started looking for him. I couldn't see him anywhere, so I decided to try to call him. The moment I looked down at my sling to search for mobile, I heard loud music coming from a band at the airport. And i thought which poor lad had to bear this. Then suddenly in between those bands I saw a familiar figure. And it was my brother Yuvan. It felt like my eyes are gonna pop out any minute and at the same time I started shielding my face with my hair. I was embarrassed to say the least.

But it didn't affect my antic brother a bit. He started making his way towards me while dancing. And I realized there is no escape for me so why not enjoy. Seeing his silly steps make me want to dance with him as well so I did. I also started making my way towards him while copying his moves. And we laughed and hugged each other.

"Hey Adhira... God things have been boring around here without you". To which I replied with "Hey Baby bro i have missed you too"

"Heyyy you should get your eyes checked, I'm not a baby anymore" Yuvan said. To which I replied "You are always gonna be my baby" while pinching his checks and wrapping one arm around his shoulder.