Home Sweet Home

It was already evening by the time we approach home.

My mom and dad were already waiting at the porch. My mom had a plate in her hand with some vermilion and rice with a gave to greet me.

As soon as I stepped out of the car, my dad was by my side to pull me in a hug.

"Adhira my child..." he said.

"Hi papa... you look handsome as always" I said and he laughed.

"Oh I missed you so much adhira" he said to which I replied "I missed you too papa"

"Oh don't enclose my child from me" said my mom.

"Oh mummy... I missed you too" I said while hugging her. "Not as much as i missed you my child" she replied softly.

And my uncles and aunts with my siblings came out of the house. Everyone was hugging and greeting me. Girish uncle, Deepali aunty, Sanjay uncle, Gauri aunty along with my siblings Sparsh and Ayan. Baby Innaya and Viaan were in the hands of some girls, baby sitters I guessed. My whole family were in the porch to meet me and I realised just how much I missed them all.

"Oh my child... you have lost so much weight" complained my aunty Deepali.

"No... She is looking perfect. Not too thin nor too thick" said aunt Gauri.

And I smiled at them. Both of my aunts are complete opposites of each other. Aunt Deepali was more serious. She believes in academics and job profiles. I believe she is the only one at my home that understood what I really do while the rest of them are just happy that I'm in a company that pays me well. I guess its because She herself is a Professor in a Government College. On the other hand I have Aunt Gauri. She believes in fitness and representing good. While I was still here we used to do Yoga together so that my weight stays in control. She is the gossip queen as well. I'm sure I'm gonna have a catch up session with her soon. But both of them were great nonetheless. I guess my mother and aunts are the real reason that there is hardly any tensions between the families. Of course we do have our ups and downs but we get over it pretty quickly.

"Hey Adhira dii" said my doctor of a brother Sparsh.

"Hey Sparsh... I didn't knew you were gonna be here". I told him while hugging him.

"Oh... you really think mom was gonna let me off the hook that easily" and I laughed.

God even Sparsh has grown up a lot. When I left India he was still in college, kinda nerd, Well he still is. With specs and formals that he's wearing at home as well. But he's a cute nerd. I guess I'm allowed to say that.

"Shall we all go in" said my uncle Girish.

"Yeah let me get my bags" I replied.

"Oh but that's the perks of having your brothers my dear" replied Uncle Sanjay. And my 3 grown brothers obediently went to car to take my bags. Awww i thought but went inside with my uncle.

"WOW, whose marriage is here... since our home is so decorated..." I asked everyone. And my mother's answer left me shocked. "Yours hopefully one day," she said.

But my father shushed her saying he just got her baby girl back, and he's not gonna lose me any time soon. Ha... take that maa...

Inside of my home was still as beautiful as I remembered. The ground floor had 5 bed rooms with kitchen, dining and living room. All the 3 elder couples has rooms on the ground floor with 1 guest room and 1 game room for us. And the first floor has 8 rooms where all of us kids has one room each along with guest rooms and a terrace on the top floor.

Everyone asked me about my journey to here and about London and my friends there. We chatted like that for an hour or so when my mom suggested that we should get ready since the guest will start arriving by 9 P.M.. So I went to my room where my brothers followed me. Once we reach my room we all set on the bed and I looked around. Everything was the same, as I left it except the fresh sheets and blankets.