One for all, All for one

Today is the Terahvin.

Terahvin refers to the ceremony conducted to mark the final day of mourning after the death. The term Terahvin means 13th and the ceremony is held on the 13th day after the death. The ceremony consists of prayer and wish for the soul to rest in peace. A priest will come to conduct the ceremony. Many guests come to pay their final respect.

It's hard to believe that it's been 13 days since the death of our parents. I still feel that any moment they can come through the door and hug me and tell me that everything is alright, that I don't have to worry about anything.

Everyone is preparing for the ceremony. There are many things that the priest will need. There are many guests coming today, including our employees. Armaan and Aditya are looking after the catering and sitting arrangements for the guests, for which I'm really thankful. None of us are in the mind space where we can take care of these things. My friends and the Mehra's are truly the help sent by god.

I'm supposed to say something in the memory of my parents and I have no idea what I am going to say. I'm currently in my room, getting ready. I'm wearing a plain grey chiffon saree with a floral grey blouse. I matched it with some earrings and bangles since I have to be presentable. I wore a watch gifted by my father to me. It's the first watch he has bought for me and for some reason I found it suitable to wear it today.

 It's the first watch he has bought for me and for some reason I found it suitable to wear it today

Just as I was finishing up, there was a knock on the door and Rahoul entered my room. He was in a plain white Kurta-Pant set. He came towards me and hugged me from behind.

"You Ready?" he asked, resting his head on my shoulder

"No" I said softly and he squeezed me to him.

"What am I going to say?" I asked him while looking at him through the mirror.

"Whatever you feel like," he said simply.

"I don't want to," I said while pouting slightly and he sighed.

"Then you don't have to" he again said it very simply. As if nothing bothers him. Ugh. He can be frustrating sometimes.

"It's not that easy," I said, turning around and making my way towards the bed while he followed my suit.

"Why is that? It's your home, your parents' memorial. I think you can do whatever you want" he said looking at me with a raised brow.