𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

i

July 19, 201*

Hyunjin and Yeji were dwelling together under the same roof of the pretentious mansion. They are planning to get married soon, but for now, they have chosen to focus on their carrier first to earn enough savings that might be the most fundamental thing before they start, especially Hyunjin, he doesn't want to ask for help from his mother when it comes in financial stuff. He wants to learn how to stand by his own, especially he would be the one responsible most to their future.

Jennie has left the country since January before her birthday and went back to New Zealand and has decided to live together with her father to elude her nefarious past.

Yeji and Hyunjin are currently on their work, Hyunjin was inspirebyon Yeji of being a workaholic for their near future.

Yeji is currently typing on her laptop for her unfinished hanging works, literally enjoying her profession because of her supportive father, she pursued her dream and became a licensed detective, but amidst typing on the report, her phone suddenly rang for a call.

" Hey, sweety. " Yeji smiles behind the screen by hearing her boyfriend's voice on the phone call, still managing to type on her laptop.

" Are you busy? " Hyunjin asked on the line while Yeji kept typing on her laptop, holding her phone using her other hand.

" Not that much, why? " Yeji stops from typing and has decided to talk to Hyunjin first before proceeding for her next things to do.

" I'll be late later because i unexpectedly had a bunch of unfinished files that i need to finish first. " Hyunjin updated her on his schedule and the pleasant smile on Yeji's lips is gradually fading.

" U-uhm. Okay, i will wait for you instead until you get home. I love you. " Yeji responds, trying to lift her voice to make it inconspicuous.

" I love you more. " Yeji lets out a sigh and clicks the end button to cut the call, she just wanted Hyunjin to remember the special day of them but sadly, he's been having deep projects and forgot a thing that shouldn't be forgotten.

ii

Yeji made her way home, she felt something wrong in the middle of the frigid night, hence, she chose not to get bothered with it and hesitantly opens the front gate, roaming her eyes around the tranquil mansion

" Is anyone there? Where are the guards? Servants? " She whispers, only the sound of wind could be heard as she hesitantly twisted the doorknob, and the lights inside the house suddenly turned on and the servants and bodyguards greeted her.

Her eyes sparkled by seeing the bunch of red balloons around, especially the huge portrait that caught her sight that was attached to the center of the living room. A luxurious portrait of Yeji and Hyunjin.