𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞

i

" Just make it perfect okay? And make sure that you won't  disappoint my sister's taste. " Hyunjin bantered at the servants for preparing on Jennie's favorite carbonara. Hyunjin tried his best to help the servants until a sudden footsteps reverberated and it getting louder towards their direction. He turned his sight and it caught Yeji, staring blankly at him, Hyunjin forced himself to smile at his fiancee but Yeji looked away and made her way back to the living room. The lad sighed and began to help the servants.

" Jennie?! " Yeji's voice reverberated, she got surprised by seeing Jennie walking downstairs and the mademoiselle beamed lusciously at her and hugged her tightly.

" H-how are you? How was your work with Chanel?! You look so amazing. " Yeji praised the mademoiselle's pulchritude while Jennie is smiling at her genuinely.

" I'm fine, doing great, and thank you for the compliment, and you? How are you now? " Jennie beamed jovially by seeing Yeji again after a months of staying in America.

" Uhm. I'm also fine. Still stucked in my dad's case. " Jennie looked away, still forcing herself to smile and Yeji descried it immediately.

" I-i'm sorry i-i didn't mea " Yeji halted from speaking because Jennie spitted her words.

" I know we've been through struggles lately, but when i was in America. I distracted myself to ease the sorrow in my heart. I realized that i have forgotten about you and Hyunjin who's always there in my side even in my worst, and i couldn't live like this forever, like i wanna went out from the cage that i was imprisoned and filled by the past. Sis, there's nothing wrong of what you're doing right now. For me, just don't let yourself to be jailed in the past, especially in our past. I've learned how to stand up from the ground again, and you should too, let's start over again. " Jennie uttered which gave Yeji motivations, to learn how to be stalwart and fight against the barriers that kept on thwarting her way.

ii

After they had heart-to-heart talk, Yeji went back on their room and Jennie began to walk towards the dining room to check the meal of the day.

" Oh my- " Jennie was surprised and sat on the chair, her lustrous eyes are sparkling by seeing her favorite foods that was prepared on the dining table.

" Hi sis, finally there you are, come on, lets eat! " Hyunjin smiled and handed her a plate with fork. Jennie smiled and took it from his hand.

" Those are my favorites huh? " Jennie asked with a trace of merriment on her voice and the lad nod at her, smiling vividly.

" I know your favorites so i told them to cook for it. " Hyunjin forced himself to smile and looked away, he's getting uncomfortable at the same time because of the situation that he has been having with Yeji. Jennie shifted her head back on Hyunjin while taking a carbonara on her plate, noticing his sudden behavior.

" J-jinnie? Is there a problem? " Jennie asked him and Hyunjin nodded and looked down, his expression became dismal.

" Yeji is mad at me. Because i yelled at her last time. But i didn't mean that.  " Hyunjin explained leisurely and Jennie just heeding on his words, apprehending it.

" And why did you yell at her? " Jennie asked, waiting for Hyunjin to explain his side why did he yell at Yeji.

" Because i became immature, remember the incident last time that someone sneaked here? She's just thinking about the evidence instead of me. That's why i became rude. But i didn't mean to yell at her. I just can't control it. " Hyunjin sighed and feeling the guilt. Jennie looked away, trying to refrain herself from laughing but fortunately, her beguiling laugh echoed throughout the dining room.