The inner battle

Ram's POV: What the hell is happening around me. The arrogant, head strong "Mangamma" I have known is breaking down in front of me.

J: Help me relocate these guys. Their group will trace this guys, They have got GPS trackers on them.

R: No, I don't think that's a good idea, we should at least inform uncle about this.

J: Yeah, great plan, inform appa so that he can call off Sita's wedding and the entire family will be here as an easy target for these pimps.

Spoke jaanu sarcastically. She took a deep breath to calm herself down and walked to and fro inside the room giving ram time space to think. Ram finding logic in her argument sat down on Sita's bed holding his forehead. He closed his eyes trying to calm himself down, his heart couldn't face the sudden roller coaster ride in his "so far peaceful" life. Jaanu came straight to Ram, knelt down in front of him.

J: Ram, I can understand what you are going through now, I have already crossed that stage. But I assure you that everything will be alright. I will keep our family safe. Please trust me.

Ram looked into janaki's eyes and all he can find is hope and honesty filled in those beautiful eyes. They way she called him Ram and her request made him trust her, especially "our family" created a new confidence within him. He gave her a nod and started tying one of the goons.

Janaki stood up, sighed out of relief and proceeded to inject "proponol" to those goons, as it makes them unconscious for at least 10 hours. Ram had a medium sized truck to carry his musical equipments. Ram and jaanu boarded those goons into it. Jaanu took the wheels so that Ram can rest for at least during the journey.

Ram peeked at Jaanu time to time, he was sure that Janaki is not the Janaki he has known so far, she has some hidden details undiscovered by anyone, even sita herself. He made a oath to himself that he should somehow bring the real Janaki to lime light.

They both reached Janaki's hospital garage area where patients can be taken inside without much difficulty. Ram gave her a questioning look.

R: Why are we here?

J: We are going to mix them up with the patients in my hospital, since they are drugged and injured heavily, they wouldn't be waking up at least for 16 hours. As of now we don't have any other place to hide them.

R: But this isn't safe at all, what if the hospital staffs find out. You will be fired and we will be behind the bars.

J: Don't worry, we are taking them to a place where it's safe for us and hospital staffs too.

Ram brought a stretcher and piled up all those goons on it with ease. They wore surgical gloves, Janaki and ram boarded the lift which doesn't have any CCTV camera, along with the goons. Janaki pushed 1 and 6 together. The lift started moving downwards, after reaching the floor '-5', the lift stopped. The floor was pitch dark, but still didn't seem like a deserted place, it smelt so clean and fresh.

J: Stay here until I give you a signal.

Ram stood there watching closely what Janaki is doing, Jaanu walked straight dogging time to time, it seemed like she is well known of this place. Approximately 70 meters away from the lift, she stopped, she walked horizontally towards the left reaching the side wall, She traced the wall to find a biometric and key pad. She punched few keys and the lights went on.

Ram was about to freak out looking at the entire floor. The side walls contained Laser beams time to time and the upper part of the floor had iron bars which resembled sandbags, it contained motion sensor. It is designed in such a way that, the moment someone passes across the sensor, the sand bags would directly hit on that person. Ram couldn't understand how she managed to walk past it in pitch dark.

There was a wall in front of Janaki, it was completely wired with electric cables, there was a warning board saying, "there are monsters that need to be turned into a human, positively stay away or go in with an expert". She again punched few buttons in the keypad. The laser beams and the sensor's went off.

Jaanu signaled Ram to join her, before he could reach there she again punched few more keys, "Welcome Dr.Rigway, Hope you have taken your safety measures before entering into the isolated chamber", said a robotic voice, following which the wall lifted up reviling an open chamber which seemed like a dream place even for the world's richest person to live in. It contained the most luxurious bed, bathroom, auto-cleaning facility, dining table, completely air conditioned, most luxurious designer clothing and the most beautiful dressing table.

Janaki covered her face with her stole and instructed Ram to do the same, not finding any cloth, he shared the end of the jacket. They both entered the chamber along with the stretcher, after untying all the 4 goons they left the hospital.

On the way back Ram took the wheels, Janaki kept on thinking something. The frown on her forehead and the way she bit her lips revailed how disturbed she was. Noticing it Ram thought of ways to distract her.

R: Where are we supposed to go now?

J: To your house.

R: So, you are staying in my place?

J: Yes

R: Ok, Langesh things are right now in the other room, try to adjust or I will get it cleaned.

J: Not necessary, I am staying in your room and you.......

R: WHAT!!!!!!

J: stop interrupting me, I am staying in your room and you are leaving to India tomorrow.

R: I have already told you that I am not leaving, you haven't even explained me what is happening here.

J: I will explain you once we reach your home, don't worry, you will get your answers, but you can't stay here. They are too dangerous. I have watched them closely for 2 months and I have made this plan over a month ago. So stop arguing and leave. Try to frame any lie for me not coming with you to explain amma, appa and sita. 

With a screech the truck stopped resulting in jaanu hitting her forehead onto the front area. She got off the truck to see Ram standing at the front side of the truck, rubbing his nape. Janaki walked towards him rubbing her head due to the collision.

J: Is everything ok?

R: No, not at all. I have so many questions to ask you. Who are those goons? Why are they after Sita? How do you know all this? What is the place we went to just now?

J: I told you will explain once we reach your home.

R: I am not done yet, do not interrupt Dr.JAnaki

He told her partially to annoy her and partially meaning it. Janaki kept quite listening to him.

R: I have so many questions to ask you for which I'm extremely curious about, but all that can wait. Only thing I want you to do now is to imprint deep in your heart that 'I am not gonna leave you alone here, whatever is happening I am going to stand by you through thick and thin. You keep our family safe and I am keeping you safe. You are my responsibility'.

He spoke looking deeply into her eyes. His eyes exposed he trust and care he holds for her. That moment the clouds started pouring out wetting both Janaki's body and heart. The feelings she kept hidden, thought that's a mere attraction, broke off the fake mould she created and made her go weak on knees, She got hold of the Truck to balance herself. 

This time when she looked up she could see her first love whom she assumed to be a weak, bird-brained boy, stood up as a man who stole her heart. Though she is a psychiatrist and she knew this is the work of dopamine, adrenaline and norepinephrine. She couldn't help but to fall for Ram, her "manga". Both of them stood there in Rain for a long time. Ram battling with his curiosity and Jaanu battling with her feelings. At the end both of them lost their respective battles. Thunder, Lighting and the rain were the only witnesses of this great battle.

-------------------------------------------------------------

hello sweethearts,

Sorry for being absent yesterday

hope you are liking the story

Kindly leave your valuable feedbacks to motivate me

love you all

Pavi <3