Chapter 5: Dreams can Get in the Way.

A while has passed now and everything seemed fine. I can't tell how long though, there's no way to track time in the anti-void, besides instinctive routine of eating, sleeping, and awaking. Even if there was, there's no way to track it and compare it to other AUs for time differences. I have grown closer to Ink and our new friendship has improved. We get along. I had shown him my glasses and he didn't mock me or anything for it. Which was nice. We talk and tease, create and explore. We have visited OuterTale countless times and stargazed, plus I finally got Ink into UnderNovela. He loved it too, almost as much as me.

Now, I was watching one of the UnderNovela timelines, Ink happily sitting beside me and watching with me. I heard a portal open into the anti-void. I thought nothing of it, thinking it was just Blue coming to visit and hang out. That was, until a freaking arrow was shot into my arm. I yell in pain and shut the UnderNovela peekhole, Ink looking at me worriedly.

"WhAt tHe hElL?"I growl.

"Release my Ink at once, villainous glitch!"A voice demands

Ink and I turn to see the very glowstick of the Star Sanses himself, Dream. He wore the most yellow of clothing, golden serious eyes and a frown on his face. He had his stupid bow and arrow aimed and ready, his eyes narrow.

"Dream? What are you doing here?"Ink asks

"Ugh, you must've forgotten again about contacting me. I'm here to take you to safety. You've been missing and Error here is probably behind it. Come, now, my Ink."Dream says

"Didn't Blue tell you? Error hasn't taken me! He was letting me stay until I heal from the damage that Fresh caused! He helped find me! I'm not going anywhere until I heal! Be-"Ink tries to explain

"So, Error's used your memory to his advantage. I'll show him what he deserves! He's tricked you! Now come, Ink!"Dream snaps

"You're not the boss of me!"Ink snaps

"He'S rIGhT, DrEAm. BeSiDEs, InK's MINe!"I say, wrapping my arms around him protectively.

I had gotten over my Haphephobia when it comes to Ink, and I had the arrow out of my arm too. I felt my face brighten. What was I saying? Or doing?

"Error!"Ink says, looking up at me with anger, then chuckles.

"Let him go."Dream says

I look at Ink. Was I willing to end such a great time? I've had the best times of my life with Ink. Our friendship was growing and it was precious to me. But was I really gonna let Dream end it?

"Y0u'vE heAlEd n0w. Y0u cAn g0 iF y0u WaNt."I whisper to him.

"But I don't wanna go. I'm having fun with you. Let me talk to him. I'll tell him of our truce."Ink replies

I nod and release him. 

Ink got up and approached Dream. As soon as he did, Dream grabs him by the arm and pulls Ink beside him. Dream then quickly regained aim at me.

"Now pay."Dream barks

He fired eight arrows at me. Five of which I dodged, but three got me. One in my uninjured arm, and the other two in each of my legs. I dropped down, hardly able to move now. I could only lift my head and weakly move my hands and feet. I summon my strings but couldn't move to use them.

"Dream! Stop! We made a truce! We don't fight anymore as long as we keep the truce! Don't hurt him! He's innocent!"Ink yells, raising his brush to block Dream from firing more.

"But he's a bad glitch! A villain! He doesn't deserve mercy after what he's done!"Dream argues

"He wasn't always like that! He was innocent! He is innocent! Would you be doing this to your brother? He's turned into a villain and done bad things but you claim your brother still deserves mercy! So stop! Unless you can explain the difference in these situations!"Ink demands.