Chapter 94:Break!

Nightmare's POV

I have such a wonderful dream. It comforted me and made me feel like everything will be okay. I will thank Dream later for it. When I wake up, I sit up. I feel a hand grab mine. I jolt.

"Relax. It is just me, Nightmare. It's Suave. Encre and Fallacy believe you should get washed up. Or the wounds may get infected. So come along, let's get you cleaned up."A voice says

He leads me off to some sort of bathroom. I hear water start running. He gets a few things set and gets a towel for me. He leaves to do other jobs and give me privacy. I get undressed and carefully get in the tub. I wash myself and get out. I wrap the towel around me to dry off. But then I hear footsteps. I shut the door and make sure it's locked. I still can't see a thing. But I have a feeling whoever is walking around is not Suave, Jasper, Encre or Fallacy. They could be a member of the council they keep worrying about. And I'd rather not risk finding out the hard way. Plus the bandages had come off so my wounds are out in the open.

"Hmm, I caught a whiff of a new scent. Some new blood. Now only if I can find it. Bet that blood will be tasty. I haven't had blood in hmm, 8 hours."The voice says

I crouch against the door to hold it in place in case whoever spoke tries to get in.

The footsteps leave but soon return. They are taking laps to search.

"It's around here somewhere..."The voice says

The footsteps keep making laps, seeming to get smaller and smaller in size and closer to the bathroom. Closer to me.

"Seriously, where is that blood source? I don't like being left in suspense for a meal."The voice says

I start to shake, unsure of what to do. What can I even do? I have almost every disadvantage that means obvious defeat. It's only a matter of time.

But then the footsteps stop at the bathroom

But then the footsteps stop at the bathroom. I know what this means. And they made it clear too.

"Found you! You really got me for a while, whoever you are! But you can't escape me."The voice says

That started another trigger for me. As the sight begins to take form, repeating something Charles often did, I tremble more. Worst time ever. Whoever was talking, started to bang on the door. They are trying to break in. I shake even more. I try to hold the door back but that's hard to do when you're hallucinating some other danger and whoever is banging on the door seems to be the HULK. I frown. I try to remember what Killer told me.

It is not real. It is not real. It isn't real.

I feel the door cave in a bit.

"Hey.~ It's meal time!"The voice yells

I let out a loud shout for help and try to shut the door. But this guy keeps pushing in. But then, it stops.

"Horror, don't."A voice says