Chapter 7: A Trip to OuterTale

I woke up the next morning shooting up from my pillow. I had the craziest dream. And it was about Ink. I felt my face warm up at just gazing at the puppet. I tuck it away, not wanting to accept the meaning of the dream. Ink was just a friend hidden by a truce. A cute, stubborn, silly little....NO! I groan at my thoughts.

I get off the bed and open the door to find the protector of dreams himself at the doorway. Dream. That little glowstick had to know or he probably just wanted to give me a bad time. Either way, I was not up for it. I shut the door a bit so he couldn't come in, only communicate.

"I know what you dreamt of last night. Or should I say who? Ya, who. But let's get one thing clear. Ink's mine. He will be. I just gotta tell him. He's never gonna be yours. And if you dare go near him and start becoming buds, I will end you. I don't want my Ink with a killer or destroyer."Dream states

"SaYs tHe 0nE wHo tHrEatENeD t0 kiLL aNd iS rESpoNSiBLe f0r ThEIr br0 dEstROYing tHeMSELveS anD tUrNIng eVil iN tHe FiRSt PlACe. InK. And. I. HavE. A. TrUCe! CHilL ouT gL0wsTicK."I say

"Stop calling me that!"Dream snaps

"WhEn y0u St0P ThREatEnInG Me&d0inG UnNEedEd aCtiOns, I miGhT."I say, then use my strings to swing myself over and away from him.

I land by the couch and look around. Blue was in the kitchen, most likely making tacos, while Ink was still asleep on the couch. I check my wounds to find that the ones on my legs have healed, but my arms are still healing. I still wore the new clothes Ink made. I look over to Ink. He looked so nice, harmless and innocent as he slept. I sat beside him and began to play with my strings. Blue enters the room indeed with tacos that he freshly made.

"Good morning, Error! Could you do me a favor and wake Ink up for me? He might tickle me away if I do."Blue says

"Hi, BlUe. SUrE tHiNg."I agree.

Blue went back into the kitchen after dragging Dream in there with him. Probably to talk. I nudge Ink lightly and whisper to him to wake up. I seemed to be getting nowhere. I nudged with a little more force and spoke at a normal volume. Then, Ink's arm swung out and wraps around me, pulling me close and into a hug.

"Nooo, don't go."Ink sleepily mumbles

He mumbled some more but I couldn't understand him. I tried to free myself but Ink had a tight grip. I look around to see if anyone was seeing my issue and could help, like Blue or someone. I saw Dream in the kitchen doorway, watching with a heartbroken look on his face. He knew what Ink was dreaming, but I didn't have a clue. Dream took a taco, then went to the doorway again. He looks at me and signed sorry with his hands at me, making each letter, then ran up the stairs and out of sight. What did Ink dream of? What did Blue say? What's going on?

"HeYa, InK! WaKe Up!" I say, trying to get out of his grip.

Ink sleepily mumbled something, then kissed the forehead of my skull. He then rested his head on the couch again. I felt my face light up. Was he dreaming of kissing someone? But he keeps responding to my voice like this...is it me?

"InK!"I say, trying not to shout.

That woke him up. He opened his eyes and looks at me. He had this confused expression on. He must be clueless or have such bad memory that he already forgot his dream. He released me and we sat up. I hid my face in the scarf and look at him.