Chapter 86: Just a Knock Away

Nightmare's POV

There's something strange about life. It has so any twist and turns, you may never know where you are gonna go. But soon, it seemed I wasn't blown up and gathered the strength to open my eyes. I find some kind of medical breathing mask on me, the kind you'd find at hospitals. I could feel bandages on my head. I could not move but am just amazed that I'm alive. I smile and glance around. Maybe Dream is reliable. Maybe he helped me out of there and I'm with everyone else. I expected to see someone like Science beside me, especially once I spotted a machine hooked up to the mask on me. But Science wasn't there. Nor was anybody. I frown. My head begins to ache and pound in pain. What the hell happened? Where am I? I don't recognize these surroundings. Then I hear movement. I freeze up. I shut my eyes, trying to rest or pretend to be out still. I failed due to fear and open my eyes again.

"Glad to see you're up."A voice says

I look around but cannot see the owner. I cannot move either so I can't adjust to see them or answer.

"Don't worry, you are safe with me. I don't hurt my friends and any friend of Shino's is my friend."The voice says

I am silent. This is a friend of Shino?

"Oh right! I should introduce myself....or do you want to rest?"It says

I could not respond. I feel tired but feared sleeping.

"Oh, you must be wounded badly. I bandaged you up but you must not have much strength left. Your condition is hardly stable. Don't speak or move. I'll figure out a way for us to communicate. Rest and regain your strength."The voice tells me

I do not move or rest. I stare at the only thing I could. The ceiling. I get an idea. I get some of my strength and shakily move my arm. I point it in the direction of the voice.

"Huh, you are stronger already. What are you pointing at me for? Want me to introduce myself?"The voice asks

I move my arm up and down like a head would nod.

"Oh, of course. My name is Radier. Now you should really rest. You need it."The voice says

I drop my arm and let out a sigh. Just moving my arm felt like a big task. I shut my eyes and rest.

For a while, I would wake up and rest, hardly able to do much else. Radier would come and go, keeping info to himself and not really saying much about the situation. Then again, I couldn't exactly speak to ask of anything. He did talk to me of a lot of things, seeming kind and just happy to help someone. He'd speak of so many topics while I was awake, though I never could move to see him. The closest thing I saw was two tentacle-like arms with hands reaching out and changing my bandages to new ones. I still don't know where I am or how I got here or really anything, but I know a lot about Radier, who claims to be Shino's friend.

But soon, I got enough strength back for Radier to remove the mask. I smile and try to move. I succeed and joy fills me. I move my arm and with a little struggle, sit up. I find bandages all over me, including one around my hand. I find myself under a blanket too. I guess he thought my marks were wounds cause he covered those too, I could not see now. Radier sounded like he had left by now to who knows where. But just to double check, I call out.

 But just to double check, I call out