Chapter 17: Tiny!

Error's POV

It's been two hours since Ink went upstairs to his room. He hasn't come back. I was starting to get worried. The cracks were minor, but I wondered if something else had happened due to the situation. Usually Ink would be back out here being joyous and upbeat. But he hasn't even left the room. I seemed to be the only one who noticed this with a care.

Dust came over and sat beside me. He had just convinced Blue to calm down and make tacos or something. He looks at me and must've seen my worry.

"What's wrong, dude?"Dust asks

"InK wEnT intO hiS R0om aNd hAsN'T lEfT iT. It's bEeN 2 h0uRS, wHat iF s0MetHiNG hApPeNeD?"I reply

Dust got this guilty and panicked expression.

"H-He went into h-h-his room?"Dust echoes nervously in a questioning way

"YeS. Is tHeRe aN iSsUe wI-WhaT dId y0u do?"I ask, realizing he must've done something.

"Well, I uh, was hoping you'd go into it like Blue says you have in the past. I left a pie in there that had a potion in it. It may be the reason he hasn't come out. But hey, Ink draws you good!"Dust explains, lifting 3 of Ink's sketchbooks in his hand.

"WhAT? DuSt! It'S hIs ro0M! YoU sHoulD'Ve knOwN hE'd G0 in iT! thAt'S iT! I'M goInG t0 sEe hIm!"I exclaim, getting up

I run up the stairs towards Ink's room. I find it and I knock on the door, just in case he's awake and I'm overreacting.

"InKy? YoU iN tHeRe? YoU oK?"I ask, calling through the door

There was no answer.

"InK?"I repeat

No answer.

That's it. I'm going in to check!

I open the door and scan the room. No sign of Ink. The pie sat on the desk, slightly eaten. Sketchbooks littered the floor as usual. His brush laying on the floor. I check any possible space he could be like under the bed or in the closet or behind the door, but Ink was nowhere. Dust enters the doorway.

"DuDe, iF yOur pOtIon sEnt hIm SomEwHeRe oR hUrt hIm, y0u wilL pAy."I growl

"What do you mean? He's right there, Error."Dust says, gesturing to a spot on the floor.

I look to the spot to find a very tiny Ink sitting up and rubbing their skull. They looked like Ink, but very tiny. Like Bitty Ink. He looks around confusedly and then ran off, hiding in some small space. I look at Dust. He has got to be kidding me.

"ThAt'S aN InK fRoM tHe BiTTy AUs, Y0u iDiOt!"I snap

"Nah, that's him. Otherwise, why wouldn't he have his brush? And why would he have your strings around recent cracks on him? Seems a bit too coincedential, don't you think?"Dust defends himself

I pause, then realize he was right. He pointed out two true facts of the small Ink's appearance. Too much of a coincedence. I kneel down and gaze at the small space Ink ran to.

"InKy?"I call

Ink peeks his head out. I gesture for him to come over, which he hesitantly does.

"Where am I? What's going on? What AU is this and why is everything so big?"Ink asks, looking up at me.

"You're iN yOur rO0m. We'Re tRyiNg to fIgUrE tHat oUt. I tHiNk sOmEonE maDe yOu sHrinK. InKy, iS iT yOu? DiD y0u eAt ThAt pIe bY aNy ChanCe?"I explain, shooting a look to Dust

Ink was silent. His face was a rainbow as soon as I said Inky. He seemed confused and was trembling. I lift him up gently with my strings. This caught him off guard and he began to yell, yet I couldn't understand what he was saying. They were just squeaks. I gaze at him and didn't do anything else.