Chapter 29: Free!

Soon I could feel control again and opened my eyes. I couldn't feel anything strangely. No anger. No worry. No fear. Nothing. But something now told me to follow Renew and Change. I went up the stairs and I saw the shock on Renew's face. I was unsure of its meaning but Change snaps before I could, so I came over to them.

"Change! You're a genius! He practically is a mindless helper now!"Renew cheers

"And your best idea was to try and kill him. He's soulless, you can't silly. So why not make him work for us? Ink, are you ready for your first task?"Change chuckles

I knew I wasn't Ink still, but they did not. I opened my mouth to say no. I know that's wrong and that I'm not their servant. But then there was this huge electrifying pain in me that made me hesitate at that.

"Y-Yes.."I say when I finally was free from that pain.

Renew opens a portal and gives me my orders. I reluctantly nod and go through. I quickly find myself in an AU and walk my way through it. Might as well explore it to gain intel before doing the task. The AU was beautiful, wonderous colors and so much effort clearly put into it. It reminded me a lot of OuterTale, except it wasn't in space. I come across its WaterFall, which was full of giant crystals. I walk up to one and find a strange reflection.

(drew this myself)

(drew this myself)

It looked like they put me and Ink together for this. I had his scarf, sash and gloves or color of clothes. But I had the greyish skelton color, probably a mix of my black and his white. Also I could see they added red to the shirt. I didn't have my glitches, but I had familiar tear marks, meaning possible strings. My eyes were black with white eye-lights, like Ink without his emotions. I noticed the sash didn't have his vials anymore, but weapons. Numerous knives, an axe and a vial with an X on it.

I notice something vibrating and peeking out from the sash. I take it out to find it's a phone. It was ringing. It said I was calling, but I knew it was Ink. Yet, the more I was reminded of him or thought of him, the less I remember about him. It's as if the memories were fading, disappearing. I didn't answer. I swipe the screen to see that I had gotten another 15 other calls from him as well as Blue. Oh, they're gonna hate me for this. I don't know why, but I had this sense that they will. I put the phone away and complete the task.

A portal opens and in comes Renew just as I destroyed the last character. Something felt familiar about this destruction, but there was this feeling of it being wrong as well. Renew proudly congratulates and praises me on my work. They drag me through the portal for the next task.

~12 tasks later, time skip~

I was in the middle of what felt like my 20th task, though I knew it wasn't. I look around when I hear a portal open. It couldn't be my 'bosses' Renew and Change, cause they had just sent me here. I narrow my eyes, trying to scan the horizon. My eyes widen when I see movement. I take the axe and lift it in front of me, just in time to deflect a bone attack. I swing it over my back and feel another one get pinged away from me. I dig my feet firmly onto the ground, gazing around.