Chapter 37: Scattered

Ink's POV

I stand and look around. I seemed to be put in some kind of house. I was placed in the kitchen, roughly landing on the floor. I look around curiously. I wondered who was here, if anyone. What had even happened? I look around and found a door, nobody was found. I open it and it led to some place outdoors. I go outside and the sun welcomes me with its bright light. It seemed to be a place on the surface. I look to my left, only to see UnderSwap's Snowdin. I look to my right and see some AU's hotland. This seemed odd and broken. Like a collage of AUs. I try to use my brush to get out of here and find the others, but I couldn't travel through the paint strangely. I know this has to be a bad sign. I sigh and decide to explore.

As soon as I entered the hotland, a red string appears, tied around my index finger. The string extended, flowing through the air. It twisted and turned, loops and swerves, growing into the far distance. I decide to follow it. The hotland had a blue color scheme so the string stuck out.

"Hello?"I call

Wait! I can speak! I can speak! Hooray!

I got no answer though. I keep walking. Poor place seemed abandoned. I keep walking, following wherever the string may lead. I try to use my phone. No signal. Of course. I still try to call. I call Blue.

"Blue? Hello?"I say

"Ink! Hey! Thank goodness you called! I was starting to panic! Where are you? Are you okay?"Blue says from the other end.

"I dunno. I'm ok. Are you?"I reply

"Ya, but it seems some big collage of the AUs was made. I'm...I don't even know where. And some blue string appeared on my finger."Blue says, uncertainty in his voice

"Did you say blue string?"I ask

"Ya, why?"Blue asks

"I have a red string on mine. I'm following it right now. Odd....These strings seem to have meanings....Are you by a shelter?"I tell him

"A cabin is behind me."Blue states

"Stay there, Blue. You're in no condition to wander and get lost in a situation like this. Do not leave the cabin to follow the string. Unless there is danger, don't go. We'll figure this out and if you're lucky, someone on the other end of the string will come and help you. The cabin will be your safe area. Stay there and safe, k?"I order

"O-Ok, Ink. You stay safe, okay?"Blue says

"Will do, Blue. Bye."I say, then hang up

I keep walking but soon heard a voice yelling. My pace quickens. I know that voice. Then, I felt a yank on the string, which had wrapped around my wrist the closer I got. This alerts me that the other person must be close. I look around and spot Palette, a string around his finger that leads to mine. He looks at me, then smiles. We were on the bridge of hotland that often was used for Undyne chases in Undertale timelines. He came closer to me and hugs me, overjoyed to have at least someone with him now. The string disappears.

"Where'd you appear? I appeared on this bridge! Have you seen anyone else? Like Goth or Gradient?"Palette asks, worry hinting in his voice

"I appeared in some house. You're the first person I've seen. I have contacted Blue, but I can't contact anyone else."I reply

We talk and decide to head to the house I was sent to. As we were getting off the bridge, I hear a yell. Palette gives me a look to say he does too. We look to see what the yell is from or why. My eye-lights shrank or changed. I was shocked.

"What the-?"I exclaim

"Uhh...This is strange!"Palette states

This is strange!"Palette states