Chapter 87:Talk and Go!

Dream slides the door open. He finds Nightmare sleeping in a bed peacefully. He was smiling. Dream slowly creeps into the room and sits on the edge of the bed. He starts to think. But these thoughts were corrupted. Darkness grows along his arm.

Everyone hates me. Everyone loves him. I went too far. I should apologize. I should have saved him. I should let him be happy.

He is why you are hated! They love him for lies and such! You didn't go far enough! You have nothing to say sorry for! You had every reason to not save him! He is a liar and trickster! You shouldn't sacrifice your joy for his! You do that with enough other people!

Well, what should I do? I want to make things right.

Take him out of the picture.

But he's my brother!

A brother that has caused you nothing but trouble!

I love him!

But he does not love you. He said screw you to your face. So why don't we get revenge on him!

We?

Yes, we! I am part of you!

I will not do anything!

I will.

Then, Dream's darkened arm lifts up and reaches to Nightmare. It gently feels his head. He smiles even more and sleepily speaks.

"Dream....You're still my brother...."Nightmare says

Dream froze. Then, he pounds a fist on Nightmare's head, something exiting the dark fist. It spills all over Nightmare, sinking and hissing like a burning acid. Nightmare leaps out. He glares at Dream.

"What the hell?"Nightmare yells

Dream does not say a word.

"Dream! Learn to knock! And you could've just spoken or nudged me! Not punch me and pour water on me!"Nightmare snaps

Dream begins to witness his brother turn unnaturally.

What did you do?

What did we do, you mean.

Answer me.

I did the wrong thing. But we can improvise.

Nightmare has now realized the change as well.

"That wasn't water, was it? What are you doing?"He snaps

Knock him out!

Dream swings a punch and misses. This starts a full-out wrestle between the brothers, but the change made Nightmare unable to go to his hostile form. So, Dream wins in the end. Nightmare laid on his bed, wounded and out cold. Dream watches for a few moments as his brother shrinks and morphs, then throws the blankets over his brother and flees the scene. He goes to his room and puts a shirt on with longer sleeves to hide his arm. He hopes Nightmare would be knocked out too bad to remember the incident.