Chapter 51:Overprotective

Goth's POV

I slowly wake up, but not to bandages over my eyes. And I wasn't with Raven. I was with Palette. In bed. Beside him. He looks so peaceful resting, but had an arm under me with the other across me. He was so close to me and he even had my scarf. No clue how he got it. I feel my face ignite brightly. I feel anxiety kick in as well. I see my satchel on the table behind him, open. I already know he went through it now. But I wonder if he saw my hat in the biggest pocket. I shift and see that was the only pocket zipped tight. I guess he didn't go through it. I sigh relieved. Then I notice that I wasn't even in my room or house. I was in his. What happened last night? All I remember is getting attacked....Then....I woke up here. What the heck went down in between? I shuffle, trying to get out and away. He pulls me closer sleepily. I feel my face warm extremely. I then hear him sleepily say something that made my face burn to a crisp.

"I love you Gothy, always will. I will find you and protect you. No....matter....what....."Palette sleepily says

The timing was too good

The timing was too good. I look up at him, frozen in his hold. I question wether he is awake or if he is asleep, what kind of dream he's having. I don't dare move. I didn't want to wake him. After a bit, I relaxed in his hold. I begin to wonder if Raven is looking for me or how much trouble I'll be in. He's probably gonna lock me up in the house again.I look around the room and some paper with a crayon or two. Perfect. I use my magic to have the crayons write a short message to Palette, then fold the paper and set it on a desk by the door. I look up at Palette, sleeping like an angel still. We're alone. I can take a shot. I get some courage together. I lift my head up and kiss his forehead.

"Aww! How cute!"A voice cheers

I look to see the door slightly open. Peeking in was Reaper himself. He had a sly grin on and all. I was gonna shush him but it was too late. Palette woke up. He sits up, sleepily rubbing an eye before resting his arms back down again to hold himself up, one on the other side of me. This kept me trapped beside and slightly under him. My face I could feel was boiling.

"Reaper? What are you doing in here? I locked the door."Palette says

"You think a locked door is gonna stop me? Bruh my job is to get through these things for the people on my list. Now you better treat my alternate son nice or you may find yourself on it."Reaper says

"This is your alternate son?!?"Palette exclaims, his face lighting up

"Wow, you spend the night with him and you don't know him? You talk of him and you don't recognize him? You're lucky I have to go to work now. I'll have to talk with you later, bye."Reaper says, shutting the door

I look at Palette, wondering if he caught on to what Reaper said. He looks at the ceiling, then back down again, sighing.

"My memory must really be going now. I can't even remember you, yet I apparently have known you. I'm sorry..."Palette says