Chapter 40:Trouble, Trouble and more Trouble!

This Nightmare seemed very nervous. He kept stuttering on his sentences and I couldn't understand anything he was saying. He grabs my hand and looks at me.

"I know you've been trying to leave. Please, stay. With us. With them. With me. I love you, Ink. You don't have to leave. You have everything here. We could be happy, really."Nightmare says

I was shocked. He was trying to use love to have me stay. He was using those words so loosely. He releases my hand. I think for a few moments. Something told me not to agree with him. I don't belong here. Besides, I don't see this Nightmare like that. I see someone else like that, I can feel it. Just thinking of the dream and the person made my face warm. I gaze across the field again. Stars and beautiful skies around us above it.

"I'm sorry. I don't see you that way. I don't belong here anyway. I belong out in the multiverse, with others and to explore. Not cooped up here. And I don't have everything here...So I'm sorry, but I will find a way to leave."I say

"You don't have him. You don't have your lil weakness. Your love. Ugh, such a shame that you caught on to the one flaw of this world. Now your fun ends. Besides, I'm sure you've seen that your portals don't work. That's because that's not your brush."Nightmare growls

I look at him, speechless. What was he talking about? How does he know? What is he talking about? Wait, only one person speaks so seriously of weaknesses! I watch my surroundings drain away and Nightmare morphed into E!Gaster. My paintbrush behind me evaporated into nothing, but I know where I am already. Some kind of void. Chains shot up from the ground and grab my arms, holding them behind my back. I look at this and sigh, not again. I pull and surprisingly find it not very hard to move in the chains, just yank me down.

I think and think while E!Gaster rambled on and on

I think and think while E!Gaster rambled on and on. I remember Blue sparring or practice fighting me, then the figure training me when we swapped bodies. I summon a bone attack and slice the chains. I was free! E!Gaster didn't like this. He charges at me quickly. I dodge and use a bone attack to hit him. I raise the bone attacks. I take some steps away. I narrow my eyes.

"I know how to use these. So back off!"I snap

 So back off!"I snap