Chapter 54:Travel

Goth's POV

Palette? Palette? Palette! Are you okay?

"Buddy? Hey, buddy! Wake up! Come on!"a voice cheers

I slowly open an eye and find a towel on me. I look around. I see a skeleton with a farmer's outfit bending over me. My eye-light shrinks and I back up.

"W-Who are you? W-Where am I?"I ask

"Woah, relax. It's ok. I'm Farmer Sans. You're at my farm, fishing docks to be exact. I saw you floating down the river, so I got ya. Who are you? Where are you from?"The skeleton says

"I...I....I think my name is Gothy? Thank you for the help. How can I repay you?"I say

"Hmm, well, let's get you back to my farm before you get into that. You don't have to repay me."Farmer Sans says

I help myself up and  follow him. I am quickly sent to the bathroom with a change of clothes as well as my scarf. I get into it and find my phone wrapped in it. I simply tuck it away. Surely it wouldn't work. I exit and look out the window. There was Farmer Sans, working hard under the sun. He seemed tired and overworking himself. I already know how to repay him. I summon my scythe and head out there. I begin to plow the ground, digging holes and preparing the ground. I notice I was hovering at times.

"How did you get a hoe? And are you plowing?"Farmer Sans asks

"Yes, I am. This is a scythe, but it works just as good. You go rest, you seem tired. I'll get this done."I reply

I look at Farmer Sans and he nods. He hands me a bag of seeds. He then goes inside. I work away at the fields. By sundown, I had an acre or two done. I go to the farm house and sit on the stairs. I gaze at the stars. I then softly doze asleep. This becomes a routine of farming. Sans fishes and I work on the fields. Days later, I was harvesting the crops. I put them in a basket and walk off to feed the animals. Once I complete that, I leave the stables and barn only to hear my name called. It was Farmer Sans. I teleport over. He had set a log to block the current from continuing. There seems to be lily flowers in the water, but were red and more rose-like. Some had notes in them. Farmer Sans held one.

"I think someone is missing you."Farmer Sans says

"What do you mean?"I ask

He hands me the note.

I look at it and read it. "Dearest Gothy, I miss you so. I love you so much. I want you to know, if you are reading this, that I will never give up on you. I will find you or get back to you somehow. I will protect you. Goth, my best bud, I will not forget you. I can still picture you in my mind. Your nice smile, your adorable face, your sweet laugh or voice, I can still see it.~Palette"It said. I then remember it all. Palette, me, him, everything between us. But rereading the note, with all the memories hitting me, my face explodes in warmth.

"There's plenty more of those in the water. Why? Does this bring back some memories?"Farmer says

I tuck the note away and nod. More memories come back and I cover my face in my hands. I feel it explode.

"Palette....He gave me that nickname Gothy...."I mutter

"I mutter