Chapter 28: Renew and Change

Ya, those next few moments were awkward. Ink!Pap wouldn't release me and he weakly stood up. Ink looks at me and I shrug. E!Pap released Ink, both him and Ink!Pap still unaware of Ink and I swapping bodies. Regardless of Ink!Pap's injuries, he picks me up and points to Ink and E!Pap. I could see his angry expression clearly.

"Never talk to me or my brother again! I bet this is because of your brother's stupidity, E!Pap!"Ink!Pap says

"Ya, sure. This is the same brother of mine who saved you from your own creation as well as your brother. He gave you mercy and what did you call him without knowing? Oh ya, that's right! Nice!"E!Pap snaps

"I see where they get the stupidity from. Probably just some trick of his."Ink!Pap retorts

Was he calling my brother stupid? My hands balled into fists and I put them together, one hand around a fist like holding an axe or something. I raise the fists up and bonk him on the head.

"You take that back right now! Don't go straight to the blame game right after you caused an issue that is still out there may I say! So don't you even start to pull junk like that!"I snap at him after he drops me

Ink comes over and grabs my fist to calm me. I take some breaths and calm down, my fist loosening and intertwining with his. His brother got up and looks at us.

"DoN't tRy aNYtHiNg. YoU hyPoCriTe oF a BrOThEr. He diD jUst sAve yOu. Let'S gEt y0u oUt oF hERe."Ink says

"He? Wait, what are you saying?"Ink!Pap asks

"Oh! DuDe, tHey cLeArlY sWaPPed bOdIeS. I'd reCoGnIzE mY bRoThEr's pr0teCTiVe aNgEr aNyWHerE."E!Pap says

"ThAnK yOu, E!Pap!"Ink says, shaking his head and rubbing it as if stressed

Ink scoops Ink!Pap up, muttering stuff to the brother in anger. For a few moments I thought he was gonna crash from frustration but he never did. I scoop my brother up and tried to help him walk, having it seemed that he was beaten up worse than Ink!Pap was. I heard footsteps and quickly got into a panic. I look over my shoulder and see the glitched kid staring up the hole from where the human would've followed. We made eye contact. Oh, the fury I saw in their eyes sent a chill down my spine. They made some vines lower down to most likely come and get us. I did not hesitate. I didn't attack, I didn't fight, I didn't agitate them. No not with my brother with me and in such bad condition. I ran. I ran faster than I ever ran before, lifting E!Pap above my head as if he were as light as a feather. I get out of the cave with E!Pap still in my grip. I look at Ink and his brother. Ink becomes frightened by this, knowing how rare I act like this. Ink!Pap seems suprised, as if he didn't expect me to be frightened by a threat that had hurt him and my brother, or that I was protectively getting my brother out of here. What the heck dude?

"Inky, they're coming. We need to get out of here!"I tell Ink

"G0t iT. I'lL GeT a PoRtAl oPeN."Ink says, setting Ink!Pap aside

I hear some glitched yells and feel E!Pap disappear from my hold. I look to see him limping back into the cave. Was he out of his mind? What was he thinking?

"I'lL bUy uS SoMe TiMe!"E!Pap says kindly

I look back at Ink and Ink!Pap. Ink seemed shocked and worried. Ink!Pap just rolls his eyelights.

"Like I said. Stu-!"Ink!Pap begins

"ShUt iT!"Ink snaps

I look at the ground and shake my head. Ink!Pap and his big mouth. His stupidity. Dang, why'd my bro always so selfless at times like these and just trying to help? I run in after him and find him collapsed on the ground, a stick laying behind him, caught red-handed as the trip culprit. I could see the glitchy kid in the distance, climbing out of the hole. I get an idea. I grab the brush and paint a deep hole a few feet ahead, then paint some fake ground over it, almost like a carpet. I then scoop my brother up and got out of there.