Chapter 72:Mix Up!

Geno's POV

I get up and look around as soon as I get back to consciousness. I look around. I'm in a field of flowers. I stand up and look around. Not a person or building in sight. I try to walk carefully and make my way through the field. I notice nearby flowers are wilting as I go by. I get excited, thinking it's Reaper. I smile and turn around, but couldn't spot him.

"Reaper?"I call

Silence.

"Reaper!"I shout

More silence.

"Reaper! This isn't funny!"I yell

I take a few steps along the wilted flowers, looking around. Not a sign of Reaper.

"Anyone?"I call

Nothing.

I head through the field again, curious. I look around, trying to find someone. Anyone. But then, I touch a flower and it wilts. I look at it, then tap one next to it. That one wilts. What the? I remember the bomb and vials. Did I swap bodies with Reaper or something? I try to open code, portal, something, but fail. I seem unable to summon that. I keep walking, looking around. I check the river and see my reflection. I'm myself, not Reaper.

Then how...?

The grass under me starts to turn and I jump. Soon as I remove contact with it, new grass grew. What is going on? I hear footsteps and panic. I run and trip, quickly getting up again. I feel something hit me, knocking me into the river. I get taken away by the current but manage to pull myself up from the water once it calme down a bit. I climb out and cough, weakly crawling onto land.

I lay there, panting. I try to catch my breath. My soul is pounding and I'm soaking. It's freezing and the wind makes me shiver. I take my jacket off, wringing any water that I could out of it. I lay it on the ground and let it dry. I wring out the sleeves of my shirt and the bottom of my shirt. I lay down, waiting for my jacket to dry. But I notice it changed. The ends of the sleeves turned black and the edges of it too.

"Geno! Geno? Where are you?"A voice calls

I jolt, sitting up. I get my jacket back on. I feel someone hug me from behind. I absolutely panic. I put my hands out so there's no way that I touch them, come in contact whatsoever. I do not want to accidentally kill someone.

"H-Hello? Who is this?"I ask

"Geno! It's me, Ink! I saw you get knocked into the river by some minion! I'm so glad you're okay! Take my hand, I will help you up!"Ink's voice says

He releases me from the hug and comes around to face me. He reaches out for my hand and I jolt, crawling back and hiding my hands from his reach.

"No!"I snap

"Huh?"He says

"I don't want to hurt you!"I say

"What do you mean? Wait, your code was messed with too, wasn't it? Let me guess, you got some of Reaper's code and now whatever you touch dies."Ink says

I slowly stand.

"That's a way to put it....Ya....But what do you mean by 'too'?"I ask

"I think I got some of Error's code."He says

I look over at him.