Chapter 66: Hold Him Close

(watch from 0:00-0:40 when you see this sign:^^^)

Geno's POV

The battle started and ended quite fast. He shot some attacks but then stopped after we dodged it. The idiot began monologuing to us and explaining the plan. He says we don't have a chance, should fear him, yada yada yada. Swap!Geno and I look at each other. We shake our heads. We shoot attacks at him easily. He fled once Swap!Geno fired some Gaster Blasters. It was quite like ^^^.

Swap!Geno and I smile. We head through the halls. The building shook again, except more violently after a big boom. I hold onto the wall while Swap!Geno falls. Once it stops, I help him up. He didn't want to think of whatever is causing those events. He'd rather wonder who is here.

"You noticed that Epic was wearing a cloak like your Reaper's, right? He was the strange one ticking before I did the plan."He says

"Same with me."I say

"So we should be careful. Dunno who else is disguised or 'has the Grim Reaper power'."He says

"Or anyone. We don't know who is here and who isn't."I add

He nods.

"Our goal is to find a way out of here, possibly without going to the source of the noise."He says

Just then, the noises stop. It goes quiet. Way too quiet for a tense situation like this. It's unsettling. Then we hear footsteps.

"Run!"He tells me, taking me by the hand

We run as fast as we can and duck into a hallway. We stay quiet and still. We wait. A figure with a cloak like Reaper's runs right past us. We look at each other and then to a window in the hallway. Both of us try to pry it open. Both of us fail. The window was boarded and barred up too much to even get a hint of light from outside. I found a ladder leading up though. Maybe it leads to the attic, which could lead to the roof. We could break out from there. I begin to climb with Swap!Geno close behind me. The ladder led to a stairwell, which we went up. But then we retreated since we heard multiple pairs of footsteps. Now isn't the best time to fight. Especially if we're outnumbered. We run and hide, but wait this time after some figures come past us.

"What is this, ReaperCon? If the situation wasn't so serious, I'd think they were just cosplaying or something."Swap!Geno says, shaking his head

"Ya. Well, what do you think your Reaper is doing right now?"I ask, trying to pass some time or get to know him

"He's probably enjoying me being gone. Not even questioning the reason I am gone. He thinks I'm annoying. What about yours?"He says

"Hard to tell. He's full of surprises and very unpredictable."I tell him

"I see. So since I'm a Swap of you, do you find him annoying?"He asks

"Eh, he has his moments. But I care for him. He's the greatest friend to have and I wouldn't be surprised if your Reaper feels the same about you in the Swap! sense of things."I say

He smiles.

"That's nice to know."He says

He peeks out.

"Let's move."He says, getting up and taking me by the hand

We run and try to find other ways out. Noises have started on the floors above us so we start going to the lower floors. We abandon the attic plan. Then, we see something that made Swap!Geno cover his mouth to hold back a cheer of joy.

We saw a trail of light on the floor, kinda like light shining into a dark room from a doorway or a shadow on the ground. It was the first sign of light or outdoors that we've seen in this dark building. We happily head toward it, but then hear footsteps coming from that direction.