Chapter 64: If You Love Him....

(I was watching/listening to this while writing the chapter)

Reaper's POV

I enter the save screen after escaping Palette. I look around. There's the broken vial laying on the ground. Across the wall is a bunch of AUs listed across it with the details of each one listed. He chose to go. Chose to drink it. Chose to leave to another timeline. Because of me. I bow my head. I hear a portal open. Stupidly, I turn and look, hoping Geno had come back here for some reason. Nope. Palette came.

"Reaper! What are you-Oh. I see you found the vial and how he found the AU he went to. Or one in how many there are."He says

"I...I'm sorry. I want to find him. I want to bring him back. I want to make it up to him. Let him know how sorry I am and that I do care for him."I tell him

"Then give him space. He needs a break. He needs to calm down and get himself back before you take him back. Plus, he may not want to come back after all that you did. He may still think you're a liar if you do it now. Plus, accepting the facts is the first step to making it up to him. It shows care. And you know how songs or sayings go. If you love him, you let him go."He says

"Then what do I do in the meantime?"I ask

"I dunno. Get yourself off the top of the jerk list, maybe? Nobody is happy with you and if you're gonna get anything done, you'll need them on your side. It'll take time, but it'll happen. Raven did it, Goth did it, so can you."Palette says

Then, he leaves. I stay in the anti-void, thinking. I process the facts. Everyone is on Geno's side. I did wrong. If I make it up to Geno...It'll be like making it up to everyone in one go! I smile at that. Now, how do I get that done?

(Author's message:That's not how it works Reaper. That's like going to the boss level while at level 1 in a game and not taking out the other enemies)

Another idea hits me. I check the works in here and kinda do a history-like search or check the recent actions. I find a single AU. A human type. I read the details. There are no monsters so I'd stick out like a sore thumb. But then I see part of the vial survived and had the chemical in it. I read the note on it. It lasts until the consumer or user gets hurt or wants it to end. Simple enough. I take it and make a portal to the AU. I go through and make sure there wasn't a trace of me left behind, knowing how angry everyone may be at me not following directions.

A few weeks later, Geno's POV

"You ready, Geno?"Ink asks

I nod.

"Then let's go!"She says

We march out of town on a little trail. We talk and enjoy ourselves, seeing lovely sights around us as we go. We made each other laugh. Things have been great. I've left behind all the pain and stress. I still secretly check on Goth, Raven and Shino. We admire the nature in the trees that surround us and soon reach an orchard. I get a ladder and Ink holds it against a tree. We begin to do apple-picking. We spoke to the farmers of the orchard and they allowed it. We talked happily as we work, me picking apples while Ink caught them in a basket. I soon get brave and climb into the tree.

Suddenly, I feel a vibe that I haven't felt in a while. I freeze. It was familiar. It also feels like I'm being watched.

"Geno? You okay?"Ink says

I do not answer. The vibe was gloomy, dark, strong but also so friendly. Is it? No, he couldn't have. I made sure there were other places to look. Why here of all AUs?

"Geno?"She calls

My grip on the branch shakes.

"Do you need help?"She asks