*Azela*

*Azela*

The girl who had spoken was leaning casually against the doorframe, arms folded. Her dark skin gleamed in the spotlights lining the ceiling and her rich eyes were flecked with curiosity. She walked slowly into the room and held out a hand to Axel.

"Azela Triscope, Subject 2F, Group C, the Betrayer."

Axel took her hand uncertainly and shook it. "Axel Redding, Subject 3F, Group C, the Hunter."

She nodded and shook his hand in return, before gliding over to me with graceful movements. My introduction sounded alien from my own tongue; it was as though we were labelling each other and it felt unnatural. "Rowan Alesta, Subject 1F, Group C, the Destroyer."

"Nice to meet you, Rowan," she said kindly.

I drew my lips into a smile. "You too, Azela. And Axel," I added, nodding to him. He remained expressionless, but deep in thought.

"So there's just us three?" Axel inquired, throwing a glance over his shoulder to see if any of the other doors were open.

"Seems that way. Azela, you were in the Maze before too?"

She shook her head, her thick brows knitted together. "I can't remember," she said quietly, her fingers clasping as she racked her mind for a hidden memory. But all was blank. "All I know is that which is printed on my door. Nothing else."

I sighed. This was all WICKED's doing, and I had to stop it. Somehow.

"So how do we get out of here?"

Axel and Azela stared at me blankly, but Axel was holding something else in his gaze. A hidden message lodged within the shimmering depth. His eyes flitted to the corner of the room, meaningfully, and I grasped his message instantly; we were being watched.

I gulped, and hissed to Azlea from the corner of my mouth: "Cameras."

Her eyes widened briefly, then she coughed and sighed casually. "I guess we're stuck here?"

I nodded. Then frowned. Telepathic powers? Could we communicate? Or is that what WICKED wanted us to do - use our powers on each other? I supposed it was worth a shot; if Azela also had them.

My gaze fell on Axel and I glared at his forehead, willing him to open up. He gasped lightly, then his lips tightened and I was in his mind.

Do you think they can detect this? I willed my mind to relay.

The response came after a prolonged pause. I don't think so. Do you know how we get out?

No. I sighed, out loud. Perhaps this looked too suspicious, staring at each other without saying a word. Even Azela was looking at us incredulously.

"Well, I'm going to return to my own room and figure something out." I shrugged and brushed out of the door, trying to keep my pace casual and steady. There was undoubtedly cameras everywhere, watching us, so I tried my best to act impassive.

Upon reaching my room, I threw myself onto the bed and closed my eyes. In the distance, I heard the closing of two more doors, and figured Axel must've communicated with Azela too.

So, any ideas? Axel's voice richocheted through my thoughts, a little strained.

How about we bring them here? Y'know, put on a bit of an act and attract their attention?

There was silence, then the other two exclaimed at once. That could work!

But what should we do? - Azela, her voice sounded strangled too, and I wondered if they were straining to communicate, or if they just weren't used to it.

We'll figure something out.

sorry the parts are really short! i hope you don't mind too much :) so, what do you think of the new characters, huh?