*FCBDSP*

*FCBDSP*

I slumped onto the floor, pressured under Axel's weight. He landed by my side with his head slamming into my shoulder, still unconscious.

They're already dead.

No. They couldn't be...

"What happened?" Kyle asked incredulously, crouching in front of me. Soldier was right behind him. Azela had paused somewhere behind me, obviously hearing the same words.

"They're... already dead?" She asked incredulously. "What does he mean?"

"The... the gladers..." I whispered, and Kyle looked at Soldier in alarm.

"Riley? Do you copy?" He rasped into the walkie-talkie.

"I copy, Soldier."

"Are there people in the maze? Are they alive, Riley?"

There was a pause, and we all held our breaths... except Axel.

"Yes, Soldier. I have gladers in sight, in both mazes. I repeat, I have gladers in sight. All moving and responsive."

My shoulders sagged in relief. They were alright. Newt was alright.

Suddenly Axel woke with a sharp intake of breath. He spluttered and jolted up, clutching his temples.

"What... what happened?" He breathed, glancing up at me. His eyes were clouded with confusion, and he looked disorientated as he tried to scramble back onto his feet.

"You passed out," Kyle replied as Azela ran to help us both up. It seemed as though we'd all snapped out of a daze.

"Are you alright?" She asked us both, taking my arm and hoisting me up.

"Yeah. We're fine. And so are the others," I reassured. "Nobody is dead; we can still save them. That voice was just trying to put us off. WICKED's just messing us about, okay?"

Axel nodded slowly, but his brows were still creased with worry. His eyes looked hollow.

"C'mon. If you're all okay, we gotta hurry and save the others before WICKED send in more armed forces."

We all nodded and slowly and jogged over to the entrance of the building.

Soldier approached first, peering through the glass and poking the barrel of his gun around the corner of the door as he edged it open.

There was no noise inside, and no reaction, so Soldier gingerly slipped inside the gloomy hallway. Papers and documents lay scattered all over the floor, as if a hurricane had raked through the entire building. The steady hum of machines and scuff of our feet along the floor was all that could be heard, and an eerie sensation settled onto my shoulders.

This is creepy, Azela whispered in her mind. They experimented on people here?

Yeah. They probably experimented on us, Axel replied bitterly, and we all fell silent with thought.

"Axel," Kyle hissed, beckoning him over. He was in the centre of the room, crouched over something. "You said you remember where the hole is?"

He nodded and hurried over to him. "Can you point it out on here?"

Azela and I followed behind, finding them both studying a detailed map, sprawled along the table.

Axel studied it intently, reading everything slowly as he thought back to his memories. "Here," he confirmed, pointing to a point on the map labelled 'FCBDSP'.

Kyle frowned. "FCBDSP?"

Axel sighed solemnly. "Float, Catch, Bleed, Death, Stiff and Push. It's all to do with the Flare. And the exit to the Maze."