*Who the bloody hell are you?*

"She needs medical help!" I exclaimed, my eyes growing wide as Azela's thrashing intensified, and Kyle struggled to keep her in his arms. "We have to get to the Maze, quickly!"

Axel nodded and clamped his eyes shut, trying to visualise the path in his mind.

"This way!"

We all set off in pursuit as Axel raced forward, determination driving us at a breathtaking pace.

I heard the heavy shrill of a griever some way ahead of us, but we took no notice of its clanking and grunting as it rolled down a gloomy passage. I just hoped there'd be none in the Maze.

Just as we rounded another corner, Soldier's walkie-talkie crackled, and inaudible voices rang from the speaker. I peered over my shoulder curiously, watching as Soldier grabbed the device and held it to his ear as he ran, trying to discern what was behind said.

"I do not copy, Riley! Speak up!" he demanded, somewhat loudly, almost dropping the device as he caught a selection of words in response.

His eyes widened, and he abruptly put on a burst of speed to catch up with Kyle, who was still clutching Azela; she had now, at least, fallen still, but her face was a sickly colour, and her forehead gleamed with sweat.

He whispered something to the Right Arm leader, but I couldn't catch it, so I met up with Axel.

"Something's wrong," I hissed aloud, my glance flitting briefly to the men behind us. "Soldier received a message on his walkie-talkie, and it doesn't look good."

He glanced in alarm at the conversing men, his pace slacking slightly.

"There's nothing we can do at the moment; we have to keep going. Maybe they'll tell us when we get there," he suggested, shrugging, but I still felt uneasy. They were keeping secrets from us. What if we couldn't actually trust them?

All at once, I felt something cold and hard clamp around my waist and I was yanked back and thrown against a wall. My head slammed against the bricks, the ivy providing only a shallow cushion for the impact, and I thudded to the ground with a gasp. All air was knocked from my lungs, and I strained to regain my breath as my mind swam.

"Rowan!" Axel shouted, and I glanced up wearily to see him running towards me.

"Use... Use your... Powers..." I gasped aloud, finding no strength to communicate telepathically.

He nodded and faced the approaching griever, as I struggled to scramble to my feet and fight away the pain as it rippled through my spine.

I joined Axel's side and we both worked together to bring the creature down.

I probed its mind with my own, scaling the wall guarding its thoughts, and began crumbling it into pieces, gripping it tight with as much effort I could muster, despite the pounding on my own head.

It shrieked and rolled into a tight ball, before releasing a shuddering breath and sprawling out.

Kyle and Soldier appeared behind us, looking somewhat in awe.

"We need to go!" Axel said, spotting another form rolling towards us from behind. "Now!"

I glanced over Soldier's shoulder and saw his reason for panic. Another three grievers were ambling towards us.

We abruptly turned and fled, running down the gloomy passages as if our life depended on it; probably because it did.

Soldiers communicative device crackled again, before beeping and falling silent.

His eyes widened as an uneasy silence emanated from the speakers.

"What happ-"

"Over there!" Axel suddenly yelled, pointing to the distance.

I followed his outstretched arm and saw the opening in the maze. The Glade was in sight!

A surge of hope drove me onwards, and we all found ourselves stumbling though the colossal barriers, and into the soft green earth of the Glade.

We'd made it, but the Grievers were still chasing us.

Kyle set Azela on the ground, and Soldier turned to face the oncoming grievers, pointing his gun toward them. Then a barrage of gunfire slammed into the bulbous bodies of the dazed grievers, and Axel and I both stared in shock as one toppled after the other in a writhing mess.

All around us, I heard thudding footsteps and sharp intakes of breath.

"What the bloody hell is going on?!" I heard a familiar voice demand, and my heart stopped.

"Newt!" I exclaimed, spinning on my heel.

Sure enough, the blonde, square-jawed teenaged was stood behind me, confusion and bewilderment flickering through his pupils. He looked at me blankly.

"Who the bloody hell are you?"

Omg! Thank you so much for 1K already! It's super amazing; all of the support I've already received. And I can't believe I'm on part 14 already! It's shucking crazy. Sorry I haven't replied to any comments; it takes a while to reply to every one, so I'll just thank you here for everything :)
And yah, I've changed the cover. I'm sorry. I usually do it a lot. I hope you like it ;)

Okay. That's all! Thanks for reading! :)