*Remember Me*

*Remember Me*

I returned to conciousness feeling cold and clammy. Stifling, humid air basked my body, squeezing my chest and prickling my skin, yet I all I could see was darkness.

Where was I? I thought with a pang of alarm. I wanted to open my eyes, but my eyelids seemed to be glued shut, and they remained clamped over my vision like a blindfold. My thoughts ran as thick as blood through my mind. Everything was an addled mess; a heap of meaningless nonsense, stacked against my mind like a pile of rubbish, ready to be discarded and forgotten about.

I struggled against the darkness, scrabbling around blindly for an opening in my mind. But there was nothing. I couldn't escape, and instead I slipped back into the pit of dismay

~

My eyes blinked wide open, then blaring white light caused them to flutter back closed. I could hear my own laboured breathing slipping from my mouth, but nothing else.

After a few seconds of merely panting heavily, I grunted and tried to shift my cramped limbs. I was laying on a flat surface, firm and hard. Still with my eyes clamped shut, my muscles twitched and I rolled languidly onto my side. My fingers scrabbled along the floor, groping around in order to determine what I was laying on.

Wood? Laminate? It merely felt glossy and hard.

My throat felt parched and sore. I could flex my limbs. Movement was achievable but languid. 

There was nothing else to do.

I opened my eyes.

The searing brilliance of a sheen of pure white stung my eyes. My eyelids closed into a squint, and I merely stared up at the heaving ceiling, trying to process everything that had happened.

A-axel? I gasped, my mind thudding with the strain of effort. I barely even got his name out, before pain cracked through my temple, and I threw my head to the side. A wail spilled from my mouth, screeching and brittle. My long, ebony hair spilled out beside me like a mass of coiling snakes. But, as I struggled to ignore my stinging thoughts, what lay after my hair puzzled me to such an extent that it masked the pain.

Whiteness.

Pure, unblemished whiteness.

I was in a white room. No furniture. No items. No sign of anything. Just this klunky whiteness and I.

Blinking away the groginess clinging to my thoughts, I carefully elevated my body and propped myself onto my elbows. In my raised position, I had a better view of the room. And I noticed something even more peculiar than the whiteness.

There wasn't a door.

Shuck.

Shuckity Shuck Shuck.

I was trapped.

Whimpering in pain, I balancing on one elbow to gently massage my temple, where surges of pain were still rippling through my head.

What the bloody hell was going on? Where were the others? What had happened to them? What about Axel? He'd been contolled by WICKED, right?

Questions throbbed through my mind like bullet, puncturing my thoughts.

I flopped back down. There was nothing I could do but wait.

I waited for what felt like hours, simply reliving my past through my thoughts and memories.

Until there was an odd grating noise, coming from the opposite side of the room. My eyes widening with disbelief, I watched as a section of the wall began to shift. I was vaguely reminded of the shifting walls, back in the maze, but quickly brushed the thought away as I waited for someone to be admitted.

As the wall slid away and seemed to fold in on itself, the familiar hunched and scrawny figure of Janson padded in. Still clad in a white lab coat, with his pinched features looking more ratty than ever, he spoke in his usual, grating tone.

"Rowan. Nice to see you've settled," he snarled, the corners of his thin lips tugging into a baleful smirk. "I think he's ready to see you now."

Subsequent to a limp flick of his wrist, two guards, clad in the same uniform as Right Arm, marched in and took me by each arm.

I saw no point in resisting. I could only think of their betrayal. Kyle and Soldier. They never meant to help us. It was all another shucking trial.

I walked stiffly, having not used my muscles in some time, and relied mostly on the soldiers either side of me for their vice-like support.

They shepherded me out of the room and into a clinical corridor. I felt like I was in a hospital, but I figured we were still in the WICKED headquarters.

I barely registered the route we took, and it felt as though a lot of time had passed when we finally emerged into what looked like a waiting room.

Plastic chairs were scattered about, and a single white door lay adjacent to the one we had just emerged from.

"Wait here" Janson ordered, before disappearing into the other room. The door had clanged shut before I got chance to see what was inside.

The soldiers pushed me toward one of the chairs, and I lazily slipped into it. A hazy glow filled the room, and I was beginning to feel sleepy, but the incessant drone of some invisible air conditioning facility kept me wide awake.

It was some time before the door slowly opened, and Janson walked out. Newt trailed sheepishly behind, but catching sight of me made his eyes begin to glow. His cheeks flushed red, and after a nod from Janson, he rushed forward.

The soldiers stepped out of the way, and I tentatively got to my feet, unsure of what was transpiring.

"Rowan..." Newt whispered, his eyes swimming with affection as he treaded softly towards me. "I... I remember you. I REMEMBER!"

I started trembling. I didn't know what to do. Despite my confusion, my panic, my uncertainty, a vast suge of relief blossomed in my chest. I flung my arms wide and around his neck, nestling my nose into his shirt.

He grinned, and I felt his jaw move against my head as he gently trailed a hand through my hair. "It's okay now, Rowan. I remember you."

He peeled me off his body and held me close, hovering his face merely inches from mine. I peered up into his serene chocolate eyes, riddled with underlying love and affection.

Then he leaned forward and his lips connected with mine. The kiss was brief and gentle, but it made my skin prickle and my head spin.

I was finally back in Newt's arms, and I never wanted to leave them.

THE END!!!

A|N: This is a piece of klunk. Like, super klunky.

I have nothing to say... except a massive sorry and thank you! ily all - never forget that. Despite my reluctance to finish this story, I did it for you guys because you honestly mean so much to me. I never expected any of my stories to get this popular, and I'm so grateful for your support, and for those who stuck with me right from the beginning.

Anyways. I'm sorry if the ending was not what you'd hoped for, but this is the end, so yeah. I know, I'm an awful, awful person, but I am so thankfull for all of you.

~ _imagine_fantasy_