*The Griever Hole*

*The Griever Hole*

"What's Right Arm?" Axel spoke up, his voice edged with suspicion and mistrust.

Kyle didn't seem to heed this. "We're an organisation who fight against WICKED. We believe what they're doing is wrong; we want to stop them," he stated matter-of-factly. "That's we're here; we came to rescue you, and the others. Only..." he trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "Only we don't know where the others are."

I frowned. They were in the Maze, but... how did they get there in the first place? Through the box! But that couldn't go back up...

Then a distant memory surfaced, and the answer hit me in the gut with breath-taking impact. "The griever hole! The exit is the griever hole!"

The others looked at me incredulously. "Excuse me?" Kyle's eyebrows arched.

"The exit to the maze... is through the griever hole! Yes, I remember!" Exclaimed Axel with the same eagerness as myself. "We can help the others escape!" He was obviously happy with the idea of being able to see his own friends again; as was I. Especially Newt.

"And how do we get to this... griever hole?" Kyle questioned, his eyes glinting eagerly.

"I don't-"

We were cut off by the drone of car engines, and Kyle instantly ducked down, pulling me with him. I, in turn, yanked Axel's sleeve, and Azela followed suite.

"Be quiet," he hissed, as three dark SUVs rattled by on the Scorch. The windows were down and the barrels of two guns were propped out of them. The vague form of someone's head was just visible.

I held my breath, ducking as low to the ground as I could possibly manage, watching them trail by.

When at last they passed, and the rumble of engine faded into the distance, Kyle stood slowly and glanced around.

"That was close; we need to be more careful," he muttered, almost angrily to himself. He turned to me and helped me back onto my feet. He noticed they were unclad.

"Ouch," he mumbled, noticing the blood pooling about them. "D'you guys have no socks?"

I shook my head. "Probably did it so we'd find escaping... painful," I winced as a particularly sharp pebble raked across my sole.

He swung a backpack from his shoulder and rummaged around, before he pulled out a roll of bandages. "Here; tie these around your feet."

He handed us two each and we hastily set about winding the thick material around our feet.

"Right. We need to get moving; the others will be waiting for us."

"The others?"

Kyle's eyebrows arched. "Yeah, this is a rescue mission."