Charles and Serpent Tattoos✔️

Alice's POV:
I was at Pop's with Betty, Jughead, and FP. The kids knew we were together, but we didn't talk about it. We were waiting for our food when Betty asked FP what it was like for him as a teenager. He told her about how he used to be a bulldog instead of a serpent. He looked over at me, and I had been staring off as he was talking. It wasn't that I didn't care about what he was saying, I did. I just zoned out because it was all stuff I heard before. I was brought back when he nudged me with his elbow. "Al?" He asked, and I looked over at him.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"Betty was wondering about you back then."

"I was a serpent earlier on. Me and FP were together then. We were all friends, the two of us, Hermione, Fred, maybe even Penelope. But all of that changed and I met your father, Betty. Then I gave up being a serpent. FP had also gotten me pregnant when we were together. I had the baby, but he didn't know. Until I told him this past year." I had already told Betty shortly after I told FP, but I don't think Jughead knew, which is probably why his eyes were wide and his eyebrows high. Then the waiter came with our food and we continued our conversation.

"Well, where's the baby? Was it a boy or a girl? What was their name?" Jughead interrogated. FP shot me a sad look. I swallowed hard.

FP's POV:
Jughead was asking about his, what would have been, half brother. I noticed Alice was just as upset as I was when jughead asked about our son. Alice was about to speak, but I stopped her. I don't want her to have to tell them, it's been hard enough.

"I'll tell them." I grabbed her hand that was resting on her leg under the table.

"Are you sure?" She asked. I nodded.

"I didn't have a stable relationship with Alice back then, and I was immature, if she had told me about the baby, I might have freaked out and left, or God knows what." Then I remembered what the actual question was. "Anyways the baby was a boy, and Alice named him Charles." I said then turned to Alice to make sure I wasn't upsetting her. She had practically no expression. "And Charles is uh-" I couldn't say it without my stomach twisting. "He's dead."

"I'm sorry that happened." Jughead said, Betty nodded in agreement, giving her mother a sympathetic look.

"I am too." Alice replied, quiet.

"Anyways, subject change?" Betty asked, we all laughed a bit and nodded.

"So, FP we all know where your serpent tattoo is, but mom, where is yours? Did you have it removed, or is it hidden?" Betty leaned across the table.

Alice's POV:
"It's on my hip, so you can't really see it... but I still have my jacket." I answered. I didn't really want to discuss my tattoo I got as a teenager, especially since I'd seem like a hypocrite since I'm so hesitant to even let Betty get piercings.

"And, man, you looked hot." FP blurted. I rolled my eyes, laughing. Jughead's and Betty's noses scrunched in disgust. FP just smirked.