♡︎Safe𓆙

FP finally got home from work. Right away, he went to the kitchen where he knew Alice would be. He hugged her from behind silently, and she jolted in his arms. "It's just me, babe." He says.

"I didn't hear you come in."

"Sorry."

"It's okay, honey." She turns her head to plant a soft kiss on his lips.

"You okay? You seem on edge." He asks as she cuts tomatoes for the spaghetti her hand shaking slightly, putting the blade at an awkward angle.

"I'm fine."

"Here, let me. You're going to cut yourself." He says, lightly putting a hand on hers so she'll hand it over. She sighs, ignoring him and boiling the noodles as he cuts the tomatoes. They finish making the spaghetti and bring it over to the kitchen table. She rests her head on his shoulder and when he puts a hand on her opposite shoulder, he feels a bundle of nerves and muscles. "You're really tense babe." He guided her to take a seat, and began to massage her shoulders while he stood behind the chair she's sat in. "What's wrong?"

"Just stressed out."

"What about?"

"I just keep feeling like this isn't over. Like one wrong move and we're right back on that line between life and death. And this past Halloween, so many people were dressed up like the people who almost killed us... Like Sydney Prescott seeing a bunch of people dressed as Ghostface, thinking it's cool."  (Scream 😉) Alice explains her hands balling into tight fists.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asks brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. She shrugs turning back to the food. "You know you can always talk to me right?" FP asks.

"I know...I just didn't want it to be a burden."

"Al, you're not a burden and if somethings bothering you, I would like to at least try to fix it." He sighs when he sees her fists. "Let's talk, Baby, we can finish later, the kids won't be back for a while." They move their conversation to the living room, sitting on the comfortable couches. "And let's not do that." He picks up her hand and softly unclenches her fist. A frown spreads across his face at the raw crescents in her hand and the blood underneath her nails. He takes ahold of her other hand and sits with them both in his.

"I'm sorry." Her voice is quiet.

"Just talk to me."

"It's just really hard to feel safe now."

"That's understandable, considering everything you've been through." She leaned against his side while he rubbed his hand up and down the side of her thigh. "If you ever feel unsafe, call me." She nods into his chest, wrapping her arms around his torso.

"I love you." She mumbles.

"I love you too." He smiled.