"By my side"

⚠️ warning:
Sad, no humor used in this one until the end, I know right, weird.
••••••••••••••••••••
Alice smiles, pulling FP in for a kiss after she starts the dishwasher. He smiles against her lips, snaking an arm around her waist. It was a Saturday, all their kids had plans, and they just wanted to cuddle up on the couch together and watch a movie. Her arms wrap around his neck, running her fingers through his hair.

Suddenly, his phone rings, he pulls away, pressing a quick kiss to her forehead in apology.

"Who is this?" He asks, his eyebrows raise to his hairline and his brown eyes widen.

"Yeah, I'll be right there." He says quickly shoving his phone in his pocket.

"What is it?" She asks, her eyebrows furrowing.
"Don't worry about it, babe." He says, leaning in for a kiss. She puts her finger in front of his lips to stop him.

"What is it?" She demands.
"A riot at the Wyrm." He sighs, knowing she would go.

"Okay, lets go." She says, grabbing her serpent jacket. He bites his lip, resting his hands on her shoulders.

"Baby, it's dangerous, who knows what kind of weapons they have. I just don't want you to get hurt." She gives him an Eskimo kiss; rubbing her nose with his.

"I appreciate that, love, but we're in this together. We're partners and I'm not letting you go alone. I don't want you to get hurt." She says, and feels him nod slightly. She throws him his jacket.
••••••••••••••••

They stand outside in the freezing cold, their jackets getting wet with the fresh batch of fluffy white snow falling from the sky.

"How did this happen?" FP asks hogeye who sighs, lowering his voice.

"A ghoulie came in and started pissing people off and eventually someone pulled out a switch blade." He mumbles FP rolls his eyes, classic, he thinks.

"Everyone go home!" He yells, shooing people away. When suddenly, without anyone noticing, another ghoulie shows up.

"Nah, I like it here." The first ghoulie states, shrugging. FP walks over to him, fist clenched. Then, a gun shot rings through the air. Silence.

"FP." Comes a small whisper, FP turns to see Alice with her hand over her heart, blood seeping through her hand. Tears immediately fill his eyes as he runs over, catching her before she falls.

"Baby..." He chokes out, quickly becoming furious. Hogeye pulls his phone out, dialling 911.

"Every serpent has their soft spot...guess we found yours." The second ghoulie smirks, spinning the gun around his finger by the trigger before stuffing it in his pocket and taking off. FP hugs Alice to his chest, she presses her face into his neck. He feels her blood seep through his shirt and his breath hitches as reality bites him.
"I-it hurts." She cries, he frowns, tears streaming down his face.
"I know, Ali, I know. You got this, Honey, you're strong." He mumbles into her hair.

"I'm tired." She chokes out.
"You gotta stay awake okay?" He says, more of a statement than a question. She lets out a staggered breath.
"Breathe for me, Baby." He says rubbing her back with the hand not around her waist, keeping her steady. They hear sirens and FP lets out a breath.
"They're going to take you to the hospital, and you're going to be okay. I'm not going to leave your side." He says feeling her nod against him.

A paramedic reaches out for her but FP shakes his head, taking her into the ambulance himself.
"Keep her awake." A woman states as he rests her on the bed. He nods, grabbing her cold hand. He kisses her forehead, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.
"You're going to be okay, it's going to be okay." He whispers.
"I love you. I-I've always loved you. T-tell the kids I love them too." She whispers, a tear slipping from her eyes as she squeezes them closed.
"Babe stop. You're not saying goodbye. I love you too. I love you more than anything in the world." He says pressing a soft kiss to her lips, she weakly returns the kiss. He pulls away lightly squeezing her hand. She starts coughing and breathing heavily. The nurse finishes hooking her up to the machine.