"Dangerous" (part 1/2)

FP's POV:
She wears no helmet on her motorcycle. She's covered in bruises and scars. Her deep blue eyes sparkle dangerously, her death glare perfected, her mood all over the place. That girl is Alice Smith. Same grade as me, blonde with hints of brown, pale skin, and a leather jacket. Something about her holds my attention and takes my breath away. I somewhat know her, but she is drop dead gorgeous and one of the smartest people in our grade. I sit in science class, waiting for the teacher to announce our lab partners for the semester.

"Fred Andrews and Hal Cooper,"
"Hermione Gomez and Penelope Blossom,"

"FP Jones and Alice Smith," and I do believe that is an opportunity right there, an excuse to get close to her. We find an empty table and she smiles at me, I smile back and try my best not to blush. 50% of the time she's a jerk, the other 50% she's a sweet angel. She seems complicated I love that about her.

"You aren't in kindergarten anymore, so we're going to get right into it. Today we're experimenting with Menthol. (I know they use it in like middle school but idc) So come get your supplies and don't forget goggles and gloves." Alice just shrugged and went to grab the Menthol, I furrowed my eyebrows and went to grab the goggles and gloves. Then, she reached in it. Bare. Handed. I grabbed her arm and hissed.

"What are you doing?! You're going to get hurt!"
"I don't care." She scoffed as if I knew that she had a death wish.

"I'll take care of the Menthol then." I say, she rolls her eyes and walks to the other side of the table to observe. I pretended to brush it off but really it bothered me. I barely knew her. But it really bothered me. At least it was Friday right? After school I took Alice to Pop's where we met Fred and Hermione to hang out. Don't ask how I did it, it took a bit of convincing and promises. Sadly, it wasn't an official date. We laughed as we talked about stupid things we did in elementary and middle school. Alice leaned into me and it took everything in me not to blush or smile too big, so I just put my arm around her. And she let me. Maybe she does feel the same.

"What up?!" Mantle announces his arrival, I shake my head at him.

"I got 3 man-ripping dogs outside, anyone who can jump them with a bike will get $50." And I thought the Blossoms were in the mood for chaos. Alice stood up on the bench and yelled.

"100!"
"50!"
"90!"
"40!"
"80!"
"30!"
"75!"
"No helmet or gear and you get 75."

"Deal." She said back, I pulled her back down on the bench.

"What are you thinking?! That's so dangerous!" I lecture her, but matter what I say she'll just respond with "I don't care," yeah, well I do.

"Why are you so reckless?!" I yell, he face softens and something like sadness appears.

"Because nobody cares about me!" She says, storming out of the restaurant. I follow. To our surprise, Mantle already has the thing set up. Alice jumps onto her bike and rides over to the ramp.
"Al!" I yell. She ignores me, and rides at full speed over the pit of jumping, biting, growling dogs.
To be continued